Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i need help!!!

i need help!!!

do i need to reset my fuel trims everytime i load up a new ve table???(after i adjusted my ltft) and if i do, do i need to wait a couple miles before a new scan?? thanx in advance and any help appreciated
    Last edited by mvenom408; 03-26-2006 at 09:13 PM.

anyone?????

Yes.

Also:
    Make sure you're up to temp and in closed loop before logging LTFT & STFT.
    Always Support Our Troops!

this is how ive been doing it, correct me if im wrong please. i uplaod my stock tune then i set the MAF to 0hz, i go turn off the DTC (no error reported for it) and i copy my HO spark table to my LO spark table and save this config. as (closed loop OP) and load it on to my car.

now i bring the car up to operating temp. and begin loging i then reset my fuel trims and then go for a 1hr drive trying to hit all the rpms, after this i save the log, and copy my histogram for my LTFT average value and [since all my numbers were (+)] i paste special add to my ve table on (my closed loop OP) file and save that file as (first drive tuning) and do it again.

i reset the fuel trims everytime, and i add for (+) numbers, and subtract for (-) numbers.

i do have some questions:
    1.do i manually smooth the ve table or do i hit the botton that does it for u?
    2.also do i correct my LTFT table histo. on the average setting, or the max., or the min.?
    3.when i first reset my fuel trims do i need to wait so that they can be learned again, before i mess w/ any thing?
    4.should i start over?

thanx, any advice is greatly appreciated

Do not turn off the P0103 DTC. In fact, set it for MIL on First Error and leave the SES Enable checked. That way when you key on, you will get the SES Light so you *know* you're in SD mode. When you are done with the VE table, Put the MAF value back & the DTC back to MIL on Second Error.

1. You can but I usually choose to hand smooth some of the areas. At most use the Smooth Selection only once as it can knock some places out of whack that were pretty close.
    2. Use the Average (When you copy & paste to your VE table, use Multiply by %)
    3. No just wait until you are up to temp and in closed loop before "keeping" any of the log data.
    4. Nope, you're on the right track.

EC

1.when you said to "paste special-multiply by %" does that go for negative values as well?
    2.also when you manually smooth the the graph what exactly do you do? i.e pikes, valleys; how do kno which one to bring up or down?

thank you so much you are a big help

Sorry for the delay. Been tuning..

The +/- values will be handled by the special multiply. + values increment the VE table and vice versus.

I just look for general oddities like the VE going up 15% from 1 cell to the next at the same RPM value. Then I smooth just that area, not the whole table.

EC

Tuner in Training
    Ok I was wondering why you use the special multiply by % instead of adding or subtracting the ve values?
    Last edited by shady1504; 03-29-2006 at 01:27 PM.

I have found that the Adding or Subtracting moves the table too much. What you really want is % change as that is what the STFT & LTFT are reporting anyway.

EC

Tuner in Training
    And this is just for any engine?
    2000 Trans Am A4 with 3.42 gears SLP(lid, cold air, 85mm mass air flow sensor, LS6 intake), MSD wires, long tube headers, off road y pipe with o2 sims, 3 inch full exhaust with a flowmaster and stock tips.

ok i got my LTFT in the (-5 to 0) zone

ok i got my LTFT in the (-5 to 0) zone

now what do i do???

1.how do i disable PE(so i can start working on my STFTs)?
    2.how do i adjust MAF so that its reading airflow correctly?
    3.do i have to turn off the LTFTs?
    4.i plan on using my MAF after i get this right, is there anything im not doing right?

also i dont have an wbo2 sensor so is there anything i have to look out for while tunning WOT?

thanx

1. Don't bother disabling PE. You can move the vaues up so that you can get to "more" of the VE table at the bottom end. You can set up a filter on the VE table by not allowing AFR's less than 14.6 AFR. You will also need to log Commanded AFR on the Table view to do this. This will keep the PE values "off the table" and show you where PE gets enabled.

2. You need to log LTFT vs MAF (in Hz) you will also need to log MAF in Hz in the table view as well. You can set up the same filter as the VE table to keep PE values off the table.

3. Nope

4. Looks OK so far.

5. Watch KR and see if you can schedule some dyno time with a wideband if you don't want to buy one right now. If the wideband is being read after the cats (if you have them...) you want to initially shoot for 12.8-13.0 AFR at the tailpipe.

how do i setup these filters?
    how do move the pe values up?
    and the MAF?

Here or Here
    Look at the section Adding & Removing PIDs

im confused about some things.
    ive read & reveiwed the demos & have an idea on what to do, but i dont understand how to setup the filter for the AFR?

And the PE table do i adjust the hot setting and the cold setting?and to what TPS do i set it to?

How do i log comanded AFR?

Do i make a custom PID for LTFT vs MAF? what unit of measure do i set it to?

what wideband do i need to buy? and where can i find it?

Setting up the filter is just like setting up a custom PID. Click the (?) above the filter area, select Commanded AFR then make it like:
    [SENS.121]>14.6

As to the PE setting, it will require you to log RPM, TPS & MAP, your VE table. Find out where you are TPS-wise when you exceed 90-95 Kpa at low RPM, Mid RPM and High RPM. By 2800 RPM you want to be decreasing the TPS to Enable from the mid 40's to mid/high 30's, above 4000 I like the TPS to enable to be set at about ~25% to ensure PE when you put some load on the motor. MAP to enable should be less than 80Kpa or leave it at 15 in case you go to high altitudes where you can't exceed the MAP value.

To do the VE error vs MAF you need to log the MAF Airflow vs Hz as the table value and LTFT.

As to an AFR, check the Enhanced IO section of the forum. Lots of response there.

so i need to buy a wideband 02??? wich one do i buy and where do i get one for a reasonable price??? i cant tune wideopen with my stock 02s???