Thread: Reading other modules than engine or transmission

Potential Tuner

Reading other modules than engine or transmission

Doing my homework before buying the kit :

is the interface able to read other module than the one officially supported ?

I have a 2013 Chevy volt and while i don't expect hptuners to show me the tables and code of the hybrid/inverter module for the electric drive, I would like to have acces to the raw HEX data.

is it possible ?

It won't read anything BCM related or real hard raw data.

But I guess I don't know what you want to see. It's mainly all for engine/transmission related will be to read mostly all those parameters and be able to change them.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    on the 2013 volt the stealership can reflash the onboard charger, the motor inverter, the battery management module, the infotainment system etc etc

I would like to access the battery management and the inverter controlers

Yeah, I doubt HPT could do anything like that.

Thats all GM only stuff right there really, like TECH 2 scanner stuff or even more complicated.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yeah, I doubt HPT could do anything like that.

Thats all GM only stuff right there really, like TECH 2 scanner stuff or even more complicated.
    It's not that HPT does not have the ability to do so, there's just a very small ROI from a business perspective given the amount of work involved. The ECM/TCM software is much more complicated than most other modules.

Senior Tuner
    I think you'd need to look into third party hardware...the HPTuners stuff can probably see it, but we're locked out of that level of access. I believe you'd need to have something from AVT, and you'd need to write the software to do the reading/modifying/writing on your own.

I don't know how to do it...I've wanted to get into the BCM's for a long time, but without much knowledge to help me get started, and not much time to learn that stuff...it isn't happening .
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat