Thread: 12 SRT8 Charger p2305

Tuner

12 SRT8 Charger p2305

Ok have a 2012 Dodge Charger here with a 426 arrington engine and a p1 procharger. Keeps developing a misfire and the p2305 code comes up. I have gone over as much as I can think of at this time. I've replaced spark plugs, coil packs, engine harness, and finally PCM and still the issue comes back. Any thoughts at all would be helpful. If anyone has any experience with this code and what is needed to get things to work properly would be greatly appreciated.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3 - Heads, Cam, Whipple 11psi 756whp 663wtq 93 and meth

Tuner
    i can post up the file as well if there is any chance it could be in the tune?!?!?!?!
    2010 Camaro SS LS3 - Heads, Cam, Whipple 11psi 756whp 663wtq 93 and meth

Tuner in Training
    Here is the stock file and the current file on the car.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    That code could be a short in the coil pack or wiring circuit on coil pack 2, it could be the ecm but you never know. You can test the coil pack itself.

Tuner in Training
    We ended up finding part of the problem... From dodge part of the harness was not wrapped in tape at the exact spot the top left valve cover bolt is...it rubbed through the insulation and was arcing. It's likely pure chance that cylinder 2 was was one to throw a code.

We taped this section up and no more code, no more misfire. The rubbed through wire was ASD output, or coil power. Why this didn't pop a fuse is beyond me...

Tuner
    well the asd circuit powers up the many things on the ecm could have been picking up noise and throwing the code, good you found it!