Thread: 15 5.0 f150 SD calculator doesn't change values at all

Tuner in Training

15 5.0 f150 SD calculator doesn't change values at all

2015 F150 5.0L Turbo. I take an area and change the numbers, but when I hit the Coefficient calculation, it just turns the numbers back into the original numbers? I built a histogram and log it in the mapped area that is needing a change, but it won't. Even in the tune file, nothing changed. If I change the exhaust MAP and do it, a lot changes, but results in a lot of zeros all over and doesn't seem correct. What am I doing wrong with this tool? Thanks
    Version 4.7.650

They are in order, stock, copy and multiply, calculate, then remove the highlight
    sd1.pngsd2.pngsd3.pngsd4.png

Tuner in Training
    I attached an image on changing exhaust MAP assuming a turbo exhaust pressure and this is post calculation.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    Try making the change then close out of calculator then open the map point(22 as you were working on that) you made the change in and see if it made the change. I know the torque and inverse calculator you have to close out then open that map point and the change will be there. I have never messed around with speed density calculator though.

Tuner in Training
    That doesn't work. There are 6 tables that it has to change with this, so there isn't just one to open. Thanks for the suggestion

Tuner
    Hope you get it figured out...

Senior Tuner
    Are you pushing the load values much over 100% VE? Is the load values x 29.92 inHg > MAP axis value?), thats not very realistic. The calculator will not allow that unless you modify air charge multiplier, or maximum load, I can't remember exactly which one. I just checked its air charge multiplier.

I took a MP22 of a stock 2016 5.0 rescaled to 90 inHg max MAP, and converted it to VE. Keep in mind this is if theres x PSI in the manifold, whats the % of that PSI in the cylinder when the intake valve closes. you normally are not going to get over 100% in any condition. Thats why once these values hit 100% VE for the RPM they flat line there. Then after peak torque, usually 4500-5500, VE falls off like you would see happen to torque on a dyno. Think more holding the MAP steady and modifying it horizontally, rather than vertically or in a block. For what its worth, the calculator isn't all that great at calculating new coefficients, and sometimes you have to manually do it in excel, plug them in and the calculator is very good at showing you what your coefficients will do. Or if you see a VE in another RPM, you can manually copy to coefficients for the offset, slope, Quad. Or you can just make it up and see what it does now that you know how to look at it as VE.

Load to VE.PNG

I copied the coefficients from 4800 to the RPMS around it, that didn't work until I made the air charge multiplier 1.1 in all RPMS.
    This is the result, and should get you plenty of fuel. You can dial it back from there. Either back the air charge multiplier back down or do it through the coefficients.

Load to VE after modification.PNG
    Last edited by murfie; 08-23-2020 at 03:40 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Are you pushing the load values much over 100% VE? Is the load values x 29.92 inHg > MAP axis value?), thats not very realistic. The calculator will not allow that unless you modify air charge multiplier, or maximum load, I can't remember exactly which one. I just checked its air charge multiplier.

I took a MP22 of a stock 2016 5.0 rescaled to 90 inHg max MAP, and converted it to VE. Keep in mind this is if theres x PSI in the manifold, whats the % of that PSI in the cylinder when the intake valve closes. you normally are not going to get over 100% in any condition. Thats why once these values hit 100% VE for the RPM they flat line there. Then after peak torque, usually 4500-5500, VE falls off like you would see happen to torque on a dyno. Think more holding the MAP steady and modifying it horizontally, rather than vertically or in a block. For what its worth, the calculator isn't all that great at calculating new coefficients, and sometimes you have to manually do it in excel, plug them in and the calculator is very good at showing you what your coefficients will do. Or if you see a VE in another RPM, you can manually copy to coefficients for the offset, slope, Quad. Or you can just make it up and see what it does now that you know how to look at it as VE.

I copied the coefficients from 4800 to the RPMS around it, that didn't work until I made the air charge multiplier 1.1 in all RPMS.
    This is the result, and should get you plenty of fuel. You can dial it back from there. Either back the air charge multiplier back down or do it through the coefficients.
    Thanks Murfie, the calculator doesn't work, but you can use it to view your results. I did have to get the air charge multiplier pretty high, then I would use slope and offset to get the VE numbers up in the calculator. It isn't pretty, or quick, but it did work. Thanks for the suggestion, you are a genius.

Before and After
    Attached Images Attached Images