Thread: MPVI Pro user defined WB problem ?

MPVI Pro user defined WB problem ?

Hi Guys,
    Well I'm up & running now that I have a 'powered' PCMCIA USB card.
    The MPVI needs a 'powered' PCMCIA card to work.
    Ken, thanks for the helping on that.

New problem,
    I have a user defined WB.
    It's the Zeitronix one, that alot of us went round & round in circles with, about a year ago, until some really sharp math guys on this forum, figured out what it needed.
    Just changing to MPVI Pro, & my readings are appox: .5 low ?
    With my old serial box at idle = 14.7
    With my new MPVI box at idle = 14.2
    My user defined #'s check out a-ok.
    The wiring switched over real easy from my old serial EIO to my new MPVI Pro.
    Is there something in the new MPVI Pro box that might be 'pulling' my #'s down ?
    Is there a 'pot' that needs adjusted ?

Thanks,
    Dave
    2009 HHR SS automatic--- 350 HP - 450' LBS TORQUE,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZgoSN8Gk0
    Mostly stock - K&N air intake, TTech engine mount, 2nd cat 'cored', E47.5 tune, Lighter - wheels/tires/rotors.
    13.0's @ 110MPH, street tires, 12.28 @ 112.67 best on slicks, 1.7s 60' ETs

Hey,
    I can now run my serial port Zeitronix program at the same time I'm running my HPTuner MPVI program.
    I can even see them both running at the same time, cool...

Still bad news with my MPVI user defined readings.
    The Zeitronix program at idle is still like it always was, 14.6-14.7
    The MPVI histogram at idle is 14.1-14.2
    PCM commaned at 14.63

So, might there be a .5 deference in boxes ??
    Last edited by 2000Firehawk; 04-10-2006 at 06:38 PM.
    2009 HHR SS automatic--- 350 HP - 450' LBS TORQUE,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZgoSN8Gk0
    Mostly stock - K&N air intake, TTech engine mount, 2nd cat 'cored', E47.5 tune, Lighter - wheels/tires/rotors.

After a little more testing I think I'm off by .6
    Now .6 is one of those magical electronic #'s.
    Isn't .6 the diodes switching or transisters turn on/off voltage.
    Or some conversion when you switched from serial to USB.
    Is the math side of things cool in the MPVI.
    Or maybe whatever controls the ports, or [cold solder] to a switching diode.
    Or a ref ground missing or gone bad.

I can now run my Zeitronix program at the same time as the MPVI since I got my serial port back.
    I can even view both progams running at the same time & the Zeitronix numbers are the same as they have always been, with the MPVI, [building], histogram showing .6 lower.

Thanks,
    Dave

Senior Tuner
    What does a digital voltmeter hooked to the EIO input say compared to logging raw voltage?

-Ken

Hi Ken,
    Well I just got back from spring break and went out & got a Compusa pcmcia card with 2 usb ports & 2 firewire ports.

Tim05GTO is using the Adaptec version of this card, & stated that the card doesn't need to use an AC adapter like the plain 2 port usb card needs, to provide power for the MPVI.

Yeaa, it works great... No stinken AC adapter needed...

Now for the best part Ken...
    ALL my WB histogram averages are back to normal again ???????????????
    They're not off by .5-.6 anymore.....
    All that I swapped out was the pcmcia card that needed an AC adapter to power the MPVI, to the more advanced card that doesn't need an AC adapter to power the MPVI........

I returned that card when I picked up the new type card ,so I can't do any 'backwards' testing, to see why my histogram averages were off.

I'm up & running fine.

Thanks Guys...

Senior Tuner
    If you were running an inverter to power the AC adapters, it's anybodys guess.

-Ken