Thread: Issues reading 2015 and a 2016 GT ****

Tuner

Issues reading 2015 and a 2016 GT ****

I just read out 2 friends cars, 2015 GT and a 2016 GT, and both have check engine lights now after zero writes to the cars. Home screen on the 2016 sync 3 is jacked up now. Anyone see this issue before?

Check the code and disable it, it's a battery charge code, happens every time. If you aren't buying credits for the file then just clear it with the scanner.

the sync screen will mess up if you do not follow the "turn off ignition for 3 seconds then turn back on" protocol, sometimes depending on whether you have the door open or not when you do it. it came back to normal operation next time I flashed it when I screwed it up. you might have to try disconnecting the battery if you aren't flashing it.

Tuner
    Thank you sir!

Code was P068A ECM de-energized too early. Cleared it and all is good. Just didn't want to leave my friends stranded

oops I meant ECM. battery...ecm, what's the diff? i knew it was an energized code, i must have been thinking energizer bunny.

my car does it every time I flash it. Goes away after a couple of drive cycles.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tramotorsports View Post
    my car does it every time I flash it. Goes away after a couple of drive cycles.
    just disable the code in the tune