Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

I can't find Injector Duty Cycle? I also had a user defined Boost gauge that I can't get working? Anyone have any Ideas? Here is my old config. This is what I was using:

([PID.11.PSI]-[PID.51.PSI])*(([PID.11.PSI]<[PID.51.PSI])+1+(([PID.11.PSI]<[PID.51.PSI])*.04))

And it worked like a charm.

Scan.3.cfg
    Last edited by PGA2B; 02-02-2016 at 03:54 AM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by runsfromdacops View Post
    any reson to go to 3.0 if 2.24. still works fine for my car? sounds like alot of unhappy people with the upgrade
    I wouldn't, the old configs will not work with the new scanner because they changed file format and I can't for the life of me figure out how set anything back up that isn't a standard option. For the vehicle I tune it has multi VE and I basically can't do anything without setting up user defined parameters.

I think i am the idiot here. Not connected to my hardware. Guess that's the reason all my licences seem to be lost.
    Beauty is only skin deep, Badass goes to the bone.

99 Camaro Z28 gettin heads & cam when funs are sufficient
    74 Pontiac Firebird '98 LS1 conversion AT4 / Long tubes / Fast LSX intake / 92mm TB / Ported MAF / Ridetech 4 link / QA1s all around
    97 Tahoe 5.7 Vortec Superlift 6in. / 3in. Body Lift / 37 Toyo Open Country MTs on 20in. rims / Getting too many mods to list very soon
    [/SIGPIC]I am the Jackass Your mother warned you about.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    files that were used in 2.24 and 2.25 can be used and opened and resaved?

also say a car was tuned with 3.0 and went to another shop that is still using 2.24/or 2.25

can the binary open normally?

what about PCM locking feature? any updated list.
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 02-02-2016 at 05:16 AM.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    My application key has gone????
    None of my licences show up!!!!!
    Same here. and simply let me do anything else, except view the "sample" log....it shows my licenses, treats me as if I am just in the demo mode. Says my last application key is invalid...

Tried to do a datalog this morning and get ERR flashing...

Then when asking for a new app key, I get this:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 6 second(s):

* [email protected]

Nothing like getting all pissed off first thing in the morning...lol
    Last edited by rel3rd; 02-02-2016 at 05:54 AM.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 6.0, 4L80e, 9"
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3 liter Work Beater

Advanced Tuner
    Wow - so glad I didn't actaully install the 3.0 software after I downloaded it! I would be pissed to find out that it overwrote 2.4. With software that is so drastically different, it would have been nice to install it as a separate product, especially since it can't read 2.4 layouts, has issues with some 2.4 logs, etc...

3.0 is so drastically different that I'd consider it a new product more than an upgrade, so it should be installed as a new product. Or, at the very least, prompt the user at installation so that they can choose to either upgrade their existing 2.4 installation or install as a seperate product. I get the feeling that a LOT of people will want to keep both 2.4 and 3.0 installed at the same time until they feel comfortable making the swtich over (just like we were able to do with 2.4 and 2.5 beta).

At this point, I can't even install 3.0 as I don't want to give up 2.4. Also, to me, the windowing setup of 3.0 is a huge step backwards - still can't understand why you guys went from a true "floating" window setup to a "fixed" window setup - it's just not as flexible. The entire world has spent the last 20 years moving *to* floating window interfaces and 3.0 went the opposite way! Having the fastest scanning in the world doesn't do me any good if I can't present the data the way that I want. I've tried and I just cannot fit the same amount of information on the screen with 3.0 - and since I didn't have any issues with 2.4, it's all "cons" and no "pros" for the way I use the product. Believe me, I *want* to stay current, but it just doesn't make sense in my case (at this point).

Just trying to provide some feedback - hopefully it's taken as constructive criticism and not just complaints. I do realize that you guys put a TON of work into this and I do apprecaite the effort - I really do. Just giving some feedback that hopefully helps shape the future of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    In the future this might be something we look at, but, the main issue is the architecture is so different between the two, time did not permit this development.
    You built in some excellent products into 3.0, BUT the guys that have been doing this for years and built dozens of scanners for different cars and builds are back to square one. That's stupid that the scanners don't carry over. Sounds easy to "just unload 3.0 and reload 2.4" but its not when your in the middle of a calibration. Plus on my customer page there is only the option to download 3.0 and not 2.4 anymore. You should leave 2.4 up on the download page for those guys that need it in a crunch.

Tuner in Training
    I understand you all have 2.24 setup exactly how you like it, however, this is the only solution for HP Tuners to advance as a company. They are not able to realistically have both versions. While I do think they should have developed something to directly import files, they have stated multiple times if you send them your old they will make new ones compatible for you. (only issue with this is that now you have all your files changed over but you didn't do it yourself so you still don't know how to use it). I feel this may have been done on purpose. Example, If you have 10 config files and you have to remake all of them, by the time you get about halfway through them they will be very easy and now you will have the knowledge to edit them without screwing stuff up.

As to why they cannot have both versions is that is a support nightmare. They can't handle hundreds of questions a day about software that was released in 2008. Yes it is different, yes there may be a few bugs, but they wouldn't release it if it didn't work. This is one of those things that everyone complains of now, and down the road (could be a week, month, year) the same people that refuse to upgrade now will have done it and find an old computer they forgot they had HP installed on, open it up and be like, "WTF is this, can't believe I used to use this, what a pain that was".

It's also a bad idea for them to offer the old software at this point without some sort of set published time frame it will be available. As all it's doing is allowing people to delay an update that will make everyone's life a little easier in the long run.

Keith has made it very clear the staff is willing to put the extra man hours in to help everyone transition to the new software. As you know in the past, HP is very willing to implement customer ideas and are usually pretty quick about it if there is a demand. They aren't going to leave you hanging. Yes, the upgrade path sucks. Yes its going to add extra work (a lot more to some than others). However, its a better product in just about every way, and the codebase used will allow them to make more drastic changes without the end user even knowing. I think the reason for the upgrade was more of a behind the scenes thing than anything. And come on, the other one looked like it was from 1998. I have a hunch that the new software will allow them to do things that people will find VERY intriguing that just wasn't possible with the way the old software was written. I'm just a regular guy, but I think not only will you see this change in software, I think you will soon find hardware release that communicates and also some sort of cross-talk that just wasn't possible before.

Think about it, the old software did work, but they haven't actually supported it for over a year. They fix small stuff but they haven't added any of the new vehicles to it or anything. So if you don't upgrade you are only hurting yourself down the road. Especially when you put it off for a year and then get a new vehicle, can't tune it, complain why and they tell you to upgrade anyway.

I'd also say that the new scanner does a good job of using generic "sensors" instead of PID's that change for different ECM's, etc. That makes one config work a lot better across different vehicles

It's still a big change and the 2.24'ish version had been around a long time, so it will take some getting used to (and time for people to change.. I'm sure some never will)

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    I can't find Injector Duty Cycle? I also had a user defined Boost gauge that I can't get working? Anyone have any Ideas? Here is my old config. This is what I was using:

([PID.11.PSI]-[PID.51.PSI])*(([PID.11.PSI]<[PID.51.PSI])+1+(([PID.11.PSI]<[PID.51.PSI])*.04))

And it worked like a charm.

Scan.3.cfg
    There is a boost parameter built in. No need for a user defined one (I had a user defined one previously, so that's why my screenshot has two.. but the first one should be included now)

Just change the parameter for one of the gauges and search for boost in the list that pops up.. double click and that should be it

Boost.JPG
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by FixxxerKH202 View Post
    Alright I finally got 3.0 on and working. Now my issue is how do we set-up user defined parameters to be used for histograms. I attached my old config and histos I was using but I can't for the life of me figure out how to set the config back up so my old histogram formulas will work.
    Same way as you always have pretty much?

Do you want to use it as what is actually being logged in the histogram or do you want it to be on one of the axis?

Either way, right click somewhere in the "graphs" view (new word for histograms), go to graph layout

Click beside "parameter" towards the top and a window will come up.. towards the bottom are the user defined parameters you can select from

Same for Column/Row axis towards the bottom.. just click beside parameter and you can use whatever parameter you want, including user defined ones

If you want to CREATE or CHANGE a user defined parameter (math parameter, whatever) go to Tools-->Math Parameters (or hit ctrl+m) and it will bring up the editor where you can change those.

How to change parameter:
    user Defined.JPG

Math parameter manager:
    Maths.JPG
    Last edited by schpenxel; 02-02-2016 at 07:38 AM.

If you're asking about 3.1, you shouldn't be able to see it.

Beta was removed from almost everyone to avoid confusion.
    Do I get a copy?

Tuner in Training
    All this is great, but what about the Duramax's. We still want multiple OS.

Let me quote the obvious

We've taken all the lessons we've learned over the years, listened to your suggestions and re-engineered our software to give you the best tuning experience you can possibly have

Interested to learn more about viewing third party .csv files. I attempted to open some .csv I had exported with 2.24 but got and unable to open, incorrect file header warning.

I hear ya. For support simplicity we needed 3.0 to update 2.24 and 2.25.

I think we'll provide a new 2.24 link that allows separate installation in the next few days.
    thanks, that would really be huge just to know 2.24 and all of your settings are still there... as you know, this transition is HUGE especially for the guys that use it in a shop everyday... if it imported all of your 2.24 settings that would be a different story.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    There is a boost parameter built in. No need for a user defined one (I had a user defined one previously, so that's why my screenshot has two.. but the first one should be included now)

Just change the parameter for one of the gauges and search for boost in the list that pops up.. double click and that should be it

Boost.JPG
    Yeah. I found it. But with the car off it is reading .15 psi of boost?

I also found Injector Duty Cycle.

Gonna check operation on my way to work today.

I wish there was a refresh option for use when playing with gauge configuration. I had to close and reopen the scanner to see my changes other than placement. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Advanced Tuner
    3.0 can open up 2.24 log files.

Excellent work thank you
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Quote Originally Posted by FixxxerKH202 View Post
    I wouldn't, the old configs will not work with the new scanner because they changed file format and I can't for the life of me figure out how set anything back up that isn't a standard option. For the vehicle I tune it has multi VE and I basically can't do anything without setting up user defined parameters.
    Use a different computer/laptop to play with 3.0 until they fix the deleting 2.24 problem. The 'old' Beta 2.25 was what you wanted since it would install next to 2.24, and 2.24 was untouched. I put 3.0 on a spare computer just to see it is in fact the old Beta 2.25.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner
    Why can't I have both the 3.0 and old version at the same time? This really makes it difficult to get used to the new 3.0 while still being able to use all the custom configs I've built from older version for day to day work...

Quote Originally Posted by ingsteve View Post
    before i install it, what about regional settings issue?has it been solved?
    i'm still stuck to change . with , to avoid problem in the data but working on excel is a pain. Thanks from Italy
    3.0 should be much more region friendly than 2.24. If you do find any issues though, let us know and we'll fix them!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...