Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: AEM 30-0300 Wideband with direct CAN integration W/ VCMScanner. Need beta testers.

Quote Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
    Here is the Amazon link to that harness... I ordered one yesterday.

http://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-14570.../dp/B0091QW58O
    Same one I picked up. Can't wait to see how the gauge/scanner works with Dr. Mikes can bus support.
    1968 Chevy C10 SWB - Project
    2018 Denali L5P

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe Dr.Mike can tell us more about what they would need to log PID wise to get commanded lambda from the CAN bus?
    It's actually very easy. And, if they handle the bus, per spec, should already work. The 30-0300/30-0310 emulates a standard controller on the OBDII bus. And , it answers to requests for PID 0x24 ( Standard ODBII Lambda request ). It properly identifies itself via PID 0x00/0x20. So, it SHOULD drop right in.

There is some private interface in HPTuners to control the Free-Air-Cal/Factory-Cal. But, that can be accomplished from the buttons on the gauge.

I sent them a link to this thread, hopefully they will add support. Sounds like it should be very easy for them to do.

They give you a list of parameters you can use in their config utility, and I doubt that one is in the list right now, but I'll check later to see for sure

Advanced Tuner
    Might be worth taking a look at these dual wideband kits from ALM? they have a lot of their data specs etc listed on their website.
    http://www.ecotrons.com/products/wid...oller-alm-can/

Should be possible to do the same thing with this wideband too?

Advanced Tuner
    Might be worth taking a look at these dual wideband kits from ALM? they have a lot of their data specs etc listed on their website.
    http://www.ecotrons.com/products/wid...oller-alm-can/
    I've seen their controllers. If they re-write their firmware ( currently J1939 ) , they SHOULD be able to do the same thing. That said, their analog output is SUPER noisy ( Like beyond PLX noisy ). I'm not sure how much of that will be reduced, using the CAN output. i.e. how much is electrical noise and how much is measurement noise ?

Advanced Tuner
    YAY!!! I finally finished my car and got it back on the road! (I know nobody cares other than the fact I'll now be able to report on the AEM 30-0300's. lol.)

Ok first reaction to the AEM 30-0300's was that they looked clean and accurate, but were slow. Knowing all the cool new features HPT now has, I looked at the polling speed that the wideband controllers defaulted to when I added them in. OMG they were at 200ms or 5Hz!!! Not sure why they defaulted to that, maybe you know dr. mike? Anyway, I set them both at full speed, 10ms or 100Hz. Holy cr@p what a difference! hahaha. Duh. So that should be a heads up for you other guys, MAKE SURE THE POLLING SPEED IS SET PROPERLY! I might even slow them down a little? Not sure yet, but I know 200ms was way too slow to see important transients.

So again, I only have a couple short drives on the car with these widebands but they seem to be pretty friggin awesome so far. FWIW, the left and right banks are darn near identical for you guys that are wondering about 1 wideband vs. 2. The interesting thing is that one of the widebands has a little more "noise"? than the other. Having two to compare, I noticed the difference. With only one you'd never know if it was normal or not. Anyway, I have to say I haven't see widebands work this well since my LNF/Bosch E69 days. Those ECM's had factory widebands and ran closed loop even at WOT. Those widebands were hella accurate and fast. I certainly got spoiled and that's the biggest reason I've been in search of the best aftermarket wideband ever since.

As for having two of these AEM 30-0300's running at the same time, no problem! They're logging just fine and don't seem to be slowing the rest of the scanning down whatsoever. (THANKS KEITH!!! 3.0 is f'ing fast on scanning!) I'll have more feedback in a few days of driving, I'll post more when I can. Here's a couple screen shots, first one is of the AEM widebands and the second is the PLX LSU4.9 setup. (The PLX is probably only a year old, it's the latest version which was way faster than the 4.2 version I previously had in it.)

Thanks again dr.mike, you've done a HUGE service to the tuning community doing this reflash mod. Tons of good Karma points coming your way!

Dual AEM 30-0300's...

Single PLX LSU4.9...

Check out my V8 Sky build video. It's pretty cool!...

https://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q

https://www.youtube.com/user/gmtech16450yz

Advanced Tuner
    Do you notice a phase relationship between the Fuel pressure and lambda, under load ?

Advanced Tuner
    Are you talking about the spiking or the overall readings? My fuel pressure is on an analog input, it's not factory. It's actually acting weird, I think I have a pump going out because I'm getting pressure/volume drop at WOT high rpm. The voltage spiking isn't normal either, I think that might be the switching power supply I have the Surface Pro running off of. Microsoft decided to use 15.5 volts as their input to the power supply/USB hub so I had to use a dc to dc step up converter. I need to try a different power source for the PC.

Advanced Tuner
    Usually, with these, you can see oscillations in fuel pressure in the lambda traces, under load. I've seen it on a few installations. With high spots in fuel pressure matching low ( rich ) spots in lambda.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    Usually, with these, you can see oscillations in fuel pressure in the lambda traces, under load. I've seen it on a few installations. With high spots in fuel pressure matching low ( rich ) spots in lambda.
    Oh totally. That's what's so cool about having a fast reacting wideband, you can see things like quick changes in fuel pressure showing up in wideband traces. I've seen partially plugged injectors in widebands and narrowbands, pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    What are the chances we'd actually get the Dashlogic folks to actually add the pid though? lol
    They're adding it! They just sent me a beta firmware update to try.. now I just have to get my wideband

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    They're adding it! They just sent me a beta firmware update to try.. now I just have to get my wideband
    I'm really, truly shocked. Would you mind getting me a copy of that firmware? I'm one of the guys who has issues with 1.21. (sorry for the thread derail dr. mike!)

Advanced Tuner
    They will need to add PID 0x24 - 0x2b to deal with multiple channels.

Finally got mine wired up and have to repeat gmtech, this thing is stupid easy to setup!! I am going to be using mine as a portable tuning setup. The WB line is as long as the LM1's was and I need to find a solution to the flimsy wires from the OBD2 splitter. I made a custom PVC pod to hold the gauge/wiring and am looking for a windshield suction cup mount. Much safer when doing WOT tuning!

File_000.jpg
    Last edited by Z06-Hammer; 03-16-2016 at 09:26 PM.
    1968 Chevy C10 SWB - Project
    2018 Denali L5P

Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    I'm really, truly shocked. Would you mind getting me a copy of that firmware? I'm one of the guys who has issues with 1.21. (sorry for the thread derail dr. mike!)
    PM your email address and I'll get it to you

Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    They will need to add PID 0x24 - 0x2b to deal with multiple channels.
    Ok, I'll let them know. They added two different PID's (actually 4, 2 for afr and 2 for lambda) so I wonder if they already got it covered.

How is the gauge'less version of the firmware coming? I need to get one over to you
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    I have the inline wideband code up and running. Still testing the auto-configuration part. But, looks good, so far.

BTW, if anyone want's to help put some pressure on AEM to support this project, directly, you can to go the AEM support forum:

http://aemelectronics.com/forum And ask for it in the "
    Wideband UEGO Air/Fuel Controllers" or "AEM Gauges" sections
    Last edited by dr.mike; 03-17-2016 at 12:07 AM. Reason: added link

I'll bug the crap out of them later, lol

I'll get the gauge'less wideband ordered today or tomorrow. I may just have it shipped directly to you. Can you PM me your address or wherever you want it shipped to?

I understand you aren't quite done with the code. I'm not going to install it until you make the updates anyways, so there's no need in it sitting around at my place. Just update it once you feel comfortable doing that model.

Cable showed up

Dr.Mike--where do I need to ship the wideband to?

IMG_1668 (1).jpg
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Potential Tuner
    Is this something the new Innovate gauges are capable of? I just picked up an Innovate ECB-1 which is supposedly all digital, and would love to integrate it like you have done with the AEM. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/ecb1.php

Advanced Tuner
    It does not appear to have a CAN bus interface. So, no OBDII emulation
    It may work over the serial lines, same as the LC-1/LC-2/MTX-L ?