Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I think we need to start a v3.0 config file listing...

Senior Tuner

I think we need to start a v3.0 config file listing...

Since they are kind of time consuming to do, and we'll all be doing overlapping work on our own.

Why not make anything interchangeable from the old scanner? Some people have HOURS and days into making configs for all the various stuff and have layouts that work best for each platform example 97-98 PCMs, Gen 3 SD , Gen 3 hybrid, Gen 3 2 bar, gen 3 3 bar, Gen 4 high and low mafs, Gen 4 E38 2d and maf and the list goes on.... A LOT of time in this stuff and we have to start all over and spend hours and days doing this all over?
    Something grouped by Operating System and then Specific use

ala for 97-98 PCMs I had a config for dyno tuning (WOT stuff, current gear etc) part throttle (fuel trims, current gear, lockup status etc) idle (IAC STITs, counts, follower/cracker values, TPS volts/%, MPH etc)

You have to be connected to car now so it can poll and setup one I think? Will be a while before I can get plugged into every car... 97-98 DBW, DBC, 99-04 DBW, DBC, 05-07, MAF Based and SD based VVE E38 cars
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

This is my contribution. How to setup the "Wideband through the AC Pressure line" pid. Just replace my 7.14 offset(I'm on E47 ethanol)
    for your correct offset. Because I know someone like me is lost and just wants to figure it out.

2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

And here is the matching AFR error math property....

Which, by the way, ported over from 2.24 with no problems (3.0.7) as well as the AEM WB Property.

Ed M
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome. Thanks, Gents!

Tuner
    can someone post how to log percent AFR error and add the WB onto the display. I am not able to figure this out. Do we still have to configure the PID to do the ARF error % or is i built in this already?

Here is the link to the 3.0 Scanner Help files and 2 screen shots for AFR error (Math Properties is found in the TOOL's icon at the top of the screen) and WB insertion (follow the insert MPVI A-D to channels and Transform procedures)...

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-scanner/

Ed M
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mowton; 02-04-2016 at 12:26 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by 98hc4mula View Post
    can someone post how to log percent AFR error and add the WB onto the display. I am not able to figure this out. Do we still have to configure the PID to do the ARF error % or is i built in this already?
    It's built in and called "AFR error" or "lambda error", whichever

I added both aem wb and afr err. made n saved using ac n egr for different vehicles. now how do i add to table dont see user defined pids
    also interested in possibly logging fuel pressure thru fuel tank pressure input, egr, or ac
    Last edited by prostreet1967; 02-07-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prostreet1967 View Post
    I added both aem wb and afr err. made n saved using ac n egr for different vehicles. now how do i add to table dont see user defined pids
    also interested in possibly logging fuel pressure thru fuel tank pressure input, egr, or ac
    They only need be added to the Chart or Graph as applicable through the Insert Parameters window (at the bottom of the list. They don't reside in Channel (Table) any more.

Ed M

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by prostreet1967 View Post
    Like Ed already said.. no need to add them to the channel list (and you can't)

Just use the in charts/graphs/gauges and they'll work

The other recommendation, which I misunderstood for 10 years, was why use a Sensor over a PID...now it makes much more sense to especially in light that what ever I generate needs to work with all my clients or I am doing double/triple work. The sensor is universal, just as accurate and keeps everyone on the same playing field which means less "customization" from customer to customer. Also precludes the need for custom Lambda/AFR error and commanded PIDs. The platform specific Parameter/PID like LTIT, RAF IG etc can be used as applicable and you can save specific Groups/layouts to bring them into the "Sensor" based Charts and Graphs....liking it a lot.

If anything, this 3.0 has made me think more about what I do and how I do it.....or shouldn't do it :-)

Ed M

[email protected]

understand that. makes more sense now. will stick with a/c since its universal. now to figure out how to use the data im getting

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    The other recommendation, which I misunderstood for 10 years, was why use a Sensor over a PID...now it makes much more sense to especially in light that what ever I generate needs to work with all my clients or I am doing double/triple work. The sensor is universal, just as accurate and keeps everyone on the same playing field which means less "customization" from customer to customer. Also precludes the need for custom Lambda/AFR error and commanded PIDs. The platform specific Parameter/PID like LTIT, RAF IG etc can be used as applicable and you can save specific Groups/layouts to bring them into the "Sensor" based Charts and Graphs....liking it a lot.
    Agree on using sensors.. Every time I tried them in 2.24 I got errors, despite the notes in the list of PID's clearly saying to use sensors when possible.. but they actually work in 2.25 which makes a single config work so much better across multiple platforms
    Last edited by schpenxel; 02-09-2016 at 07:45 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Maybe someone here can help me.

On 2.24 I had my wideband logged through my EGR wire. I had it set up to read the voltage and display as AFR. I for the life of me can't see how to add the same thing in 3.017. Anyone know the correct way?

Do you know what the parameter ID is for EGR voltage?

If you can figure that out I'll show you how to do the rest

Here is the process for setting up the math parameter and for using it in a chart. This is about the most help I can give...

Right click in channels, add channel

Type EGR and find EGR sensor [electrical potential]. Double click on it.

You are now logging EGR voltage.. now you have to turn that into something useful

You do that in math parameters... click on tools, math parameters, or Ctrl+M will get you there faster

Couple of steps in one here.. select one of the math parameters, put in something for name, abbreviation, notes. Click on "NEW VARIABLE". Click on "click to insert or change" in the "variable editor wizard". Type "EGR" and HIT THE GEAR ICON WITH THE LITTLE GREEN CHECK. That will filter the list of parameters down to ONLY what is actually AVAILABLE to log.. i.e. if it won't work, it won't show up. Double click on EGR Sensor [ELectric potential]

Now you're back at variable wizard.. just hit OK. You can change units to millivolts or whatever if you wanted to but no need to here. HIT OK

See where it added [2811.10]? 2811 is the PID for EGR sensor, and 10 means you want the units of voltage.

Now you need to add the rest of the formula.. I just made something up. Change this to whatever your wideband calls for. Close out of math parameters

ALSO select a unit that the formula is going to give you.. i.e. lambda or AFR based on the formula your WB is using. This is almost always 14.7 AFR unless you've changed it on your wideband.

Alright now you a wideband reading.. but what are you going to do with it? To use it in a chart.. right click in chart, go to charts layout

Click on Add Series
    Last edited by schpenxel; 02-09-2016 at 01:44 PM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

On the new series that it creates, type in a name like WB EGR or whatever you want it to be.

THEN CLICK on "click to insert or change"

Go down to the bottom of the list, under "user defined" and find the one you created earlier. In this case WIDEBAND (EGR) is it. Double click on it.

Change your min/max, color, etc., to whatever you want them to be.

Close the layout editor and now you have wideband from the EGR port showing on a chart.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Do you know what the parameter ID is for EGR voltage?

If you can figure that out I'll show you how to do the rest
    I do. It shows the channel in the scanner as user math. I can't even figure out how to edit existing channels at this point...

Without screenshots I have no idea what you're saying, and you still haven't said what PID your EGR voltage is.

If you just want to change user defined parameters (Math parameters) then go to tools, math parameters.. and edit to your hearts delight

I just made a hugely detailed post that walks through the whole process so go through that and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Without screenshots I have no idea what you're saying, and you still haven't said what PID your EGR voltage is.

If you just want to change user defined parameters (Math parameters) then go to tools, math parameters.. and edit to your hearts delight

I just made a hugely detailed post that walks through the whole process so go through that and see if that helps.
    And a great job at that, you have even more patience than I do...nicely done :-)

Ed M

[email protected]