Thread: HPT v3 issue - Missing all my licenses...

Potential Tuner

Thumbs down HPT v3 issue - Missing all my licenses...

This is not funny. V3 is not working so well.

I upgraded today to the latest version of HPT 3.0 - specifically, 3.0.14 on a Windows XP laptop. After the install, rebooted machine to start from a clean slate.

Start up the VCM Editor. Click on INFO and get a list of "Specific Vehicles". I can clearly see my vehicle in the list (along with other customer's vehicles). I have the VCM connected and it is clearly showing the VCM ID which matches the sticker on the unit.

Next, I close the VCM editor, shut down my laptop and walk out to my garage. I power the laptop back up, connect the VCM editor to the USB port and to the OBD connector and then turn the key ON. Start VCM Editor and proceed to do a full scan.

VCM Editor goes through the scan process and then asks to save the file. At this point we have a problem: it is asking me to license my vehicle AGAIN... What has gone wrong??

I close the scan. Close VCM Editor. Then, I start up VCM Editor back up with the VCM still attached to the USB port. I try to open the last backup tune of my vehicle, and the VCM Editor tells me this is an unlicensed vehicle. What has gone wrong??

Why is this new HPTuners version asking for something I already paid for. Why is this new version asking for me use credits back again??

Please tell me what else you need in order to solve this.

thanks!

1) Make sure you're using todays 3.0
    2) Make sure you're using your latest application key
    3) If it still asks you to license, send us your tune, and a VCM Suite Info log connected to the vehicle, to support, and we'll get you fixed up.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Thank you Keith for the very quick response.

I sent a private email to Support - you might want to check that out. There is some info there that might need to be verified on your side.

Answers to your questions:

1. I am using the latest version downloaded just a few hours ago. If it is NOT 3.0.14 tell me where i can get the "latest" build.

2. The latest application key is indeed correct and entered.

3. Info you request will be sent shortly. I presume you want that info sent to [email protected]? Please confirm.

Potential Tuner
    Keith -

All the information you have requested has been sent to the support email address. Please let me know if you need anything else.

thanks for the prompt reply!

I had the same problem.

Unplugged the interface

Uninstalled the VCM suite

Downloaded the latest vcm suite

Installed the latest build

Installed the interface.

applied my application key.

opened files and all was OK

Tuner in Training
    I am in the same boat and dead in the water right now with cars in the shop..any file i click on is asking me to purchase credits..files were sent to support already
    Full Throttle Kustomz llc
    "For Those Who Live Life at REDLINE"

Quote Originally Posted by FTK View Post
    I am in the same boat and dead in the water right now with cars in the shop..any file i click on is asking me to purchase credits..files were sent to support already
    Have you done what jpliss has listed?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    I have, it appears as though I am only having issues with what might have been cars tuned with 2.24. I have one on the dyno now
    Full Throttle Kustomz llc
    "For Those Who Live Life at REDLINE"

Potential Tuner
    Resolution to my original query: I was asked to upload several files, including the tune and the licensing text document. In my case, there was some glitch between HPT and the ECM on the vehicle. After several emails, it was determined some kind of glitch had occurred and I was given a different application key. Finally, I re-licensed the vehicle and it worked.

However one very curious thing did happen once the licensing was accepted: I opened the Editor and read the PCM. Saved the file and that was all. Closed the Editor. I then attempted to start the engine and nothing happened. NO fire. I unplugged everything, started over and ran the Scanner. Cleared DTC's (there were non, but at that point I said what the hell). Unplugged everything and attempted to start the vehicle. This time all worked just fine.

I did send HPT Support an email. The response:

reply.jpg

Advanced Tuner