Thread: Question about drag racing functionality

Potential Tuner

Question about drag racing functionality

I haven't actually downloaded trackaddict yet, but I was wondering what functionality is included in the drag function. Does the app actually track times and provide data on acceleration?

I like the ability to record runs and overlay OBD2 data, but I was wondering if the app tracks any other data such as 0-60 times or if it records it's own 1/4 mile times.

TrackAddict can record 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and 1 mile passes, and will calculate most of the steps along the way (330 foot, 1000 foot, etc), along with trap speeds for each. If you're in metric mode, it will do the metric equivalents instead. It starts timing when it detects movement after you come to a stop (ie staging), and then stops when you've completed that selected total distance (calculated using a straight trajectory from your starting position, based on your direction of travel).

At this time, it does not calculate 60 foot, 0-60 mph, 0-100 mph, etc. Some of those might be added in the future, depending on how good the data actually is... Being that we're dealing with GPS, and often just a smartphone's internal GPS at that, there are some inherent limitations. So, we couldn't expect to match the laser accuracy of a drag strip's timing system, but with good GPS conditions, it can do pretty well for events that don't have a timing system, or that don't give you all of these data points. It also gives you the datalogging of each point along the way, and enables you to overlay two runs on top of each other and watch them race.