Thread: A Few Pre-Purchase Questions I can't find answers for

Potential Tuner

A Few Pre-Purchase Questions I can't find answers for

Hi, I'm in the market for a tuning solution on a couple of Lsx swapped vehicles I have. When these vehicles were being built I was sending the PCM's out and getting a mail order tune done, well made runable any ways, was to remove vats, adjust speedo, injector size and all that jazz.

Now the PCM's are not all out of the same type of vehicle, 1 is out of a 2004 5.3 Silverado, another is out of a 2003 S-10 4.3, Last is out of a 03 Express van 5.3

Question #1
    When the Pcm's were sent for mail order they were all flashed with the same base file, an 05 Express van calibration. Why the tuner used the van file is beyond me but my concern is with the way licensing is done. Now since all 3 of my current PCM's are all using a express van calibration would I simply need to license an 05 express van for each Pcm OR would I have to have a license for each of the original vehicles that each PCM came from as well re-license them them to the express van they are currently programmed as?

Question #2
    I am in the middle of a 4th build at the moment and the PCM I plan on using has not been flashed yet, it's out of another S10 with a 4.3... now for the average person I've found the answer to that. However I have a j2534 pass through programmer and access to TisWeb/Sps and can flash a pcm in or out of a vehicle....I'm an auto tech by profession and flash update pcm's for various reasons. If I flashed the PCM to say an express van to match the other 3 pcm's that are flashed as vans would it only require licensing this pcm for the expressvan or would it require licensing for the s10 as well?

Question #3
    Unlimited year/model licensing....would the 01-07 Chevy Express van also cover GMC version of the van? Same for the 99-07 Silverado, does it also cover the Sierra?

I hope I've explained every thing in a sensible manner, if not I'll be more then happy to clarify any of the things I've asked about in more detail if needed.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    1. you would likely need to do single vcm licenses for each(2 credits for each ecm).
    2. you would read the ecm, license it(2 credits), then tune away.
    3. older silverado licenses also include sierra & vice versa, same with express van & gmc version. Really should've never been done this way so we stopped bundling these together for 2014+ applications.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"