Thread: OS 'button' is blank

Tuner in Training 67firebird455's Avatar

OS 'button' is blank

Hey guys, new user here, so forgive me if I'm making a simple mistake. I had my buddy flash a base map (with efilive) in this bad boy to get it running, and now it's time to tune so I picked up HP Tuners. I read the stock file, and can edit it (used 2 credits, showed os/vin mismatch, shows a 2001 S10/Gen3 V8). This is in a 67 firebird so I didn't think anything about it. Under VE Table, it kPa goes up to 105, and Boost VE Table goes up to 285kPa, I've seen other tunes that are just under Main VE and are 0-315 for example. What's strange, is I have this thing forced into open loop and can adjust the MAP and see a difference, but the second it tries to go into boost, the wideband is pegged at 10:1 and it acts like fuel cut. I've got a cobalt SS 2 bar MAP and have the kPa and offset programmed into the VCM suite. I'm honestly not sure what I'm missing here. I didn't catch a log of the last run, but I took a quick drive to the gas station to fill the cell and captured that. I've attached the tune and the log, I hope it may help someone figure out why in the heck when I hit "OS" in the editor, I get a blank window.

PS - My controller is set to 5psi, and the motor is 8.5:1 on 91. I've got new wires and TR6 plugs gapped at .028"

I sure appreciate any useful input you can offer!hp_tuners.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 67firebird455; 03-11-2016 at 01:11 AM.
    67 Firebird - 4.8L, LS6 Cam, 6.0 heads, S476 T4-83mm, 9" w/3.25s, 3500 stall, TH400.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like an efilive custom operating system issue to me. You do realize this is an efilive custom operating system correct? This is not a stock file as you say...
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Bill - Thanks for taking the time to respond. Yes, I did mention stock file, I meant my un-modified out of the PCM file, I do realize it was an efi-live tune, but wasn't aware that once flashed with a custom OS, it couldn't be overwritten with say an HP Tuners 3-bar OS. Sounds like a tech 2 reflash and an additional 2 credits to get this PCM going. I have a spare 0411 I installed in the car this AM and pulled the flash, it's showing up as a 2002 Tahoe (P01), this shouldn't pose any tuning issues correct?
    67 Firebird - 4.8L, LS6 Cam, 6.0 heads, S476 T4-83mm, 9" w/3.25s, 3500 stall, TH400.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 67firebird455 View Post
    Sounds like a tech 2 reflash and an additional 2 credits to get this PCM going.
    Correct
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Awesome, thank you for the help Bill, I sure appreciate it.

Under Airflow->General->Main VE, check out Boost VE, I'm guessing that's the cause for your rich condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Under Airflow->General->Main VE, check out Boost VE, I'm guessing that's the cause for your rich condition.
    Appreciate your input, I did re-calibrate this table to no avail. I leaned it wayyyyy out and it made zero difference, the second it tries to go into boost, it stutters something fierce and dumps fuel.