Thread: C7 Z06 VCM Scanner command functions

Advanced Tuner

C7 Z06 VCM Scanner command functions

Has anybody had any luck commanding the fans (from the C6 days I know the fans never worked but was hoping the C7 may be different) and the InterCooler to "ON" in the VCM Scanner on a 2016 C7 Z06? I tried this morning and no luck on the fans or the InterCooler. I am on 3.0 have not tried it on 2.25 so not sure if its a 3.0 exclusive thing and do not have access to the last 2.25 version to even try it on that one. Maybe some trick/sequence to get them going?

Just hoping someone has had luck with this, really want that to work for racing coming up this weekend.

Thanks
    Last edited by ktoonsez; 03-25-2016 at 12:08 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Come on, someone has to be here that owns a 2016 Z06 :-)

more people here have tuned C7Z's than own them. I haven't used scanner functions since 2010 or so. i doubt they work on the GenV stuff at this point.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    more people here have tuned C7Z's than own them. I haven't used scanner functions since 2010 or so. i doubt they work on the GenV stuff at this point.
    Was just hoping to get lucky, I know I saw a few guys posting about there own car. Guess I should email support and see if they will get them working again

Tuner in Training
    The VCM scanner controls on 3.0 work the fan control on my 07 Z but do not work on my 15 C7Z. The intercooler pump control works on my 15 C7Z as of 3.0.30 . I wish the fan control would work on the C7Z for cooling between rounds. I had Casper electronics make me a beta C7 fan controller but it does not work correctly and sets off CEL every time I use it. No luck with HPT in updating fan control that would be great if they did.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Poke View Post
    The VCM scanner controls on 3.0 work the fan control on my 07 Z but do not work on my 15 C7Z. The intercooler pump control works on my 15 C7Z as of 3.0.30 . I wish the fan control would work on the C7Z for cooling between rounds. I had Casper electronics make me a beta C7 fan controller but it does not work correctly and sets off CEL every time I use it. No luck with HPT in updating fan control that would be great if they did.
    Thanks for the feedback man, are you the same "Slow Poke" from the corvette forum? I am on 3.0.62 and as far as I can tell on my '16 Z06 the intercooler pump control is not working, I figured I would be able to here the liquid moving but I dont here any audible change when getting my ear in the engine bay and toggling the pump, how could you tell it was working, you got an after market expansion tank?
    Last edited by ktoonsez; 03-28-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I am the same on the vette forum. Best way to check your IC pump command "on" is by HPT connected and running thru ACC mode. Remove purple clip on IC filler cap and remove cap. Command pump ON and watch to see water flow through the filler cap area. Water flow is not under high pressure, so you wont feel or hear much in the engine bay. I use the fasterproms hx box so its easier to see flow by just removing lid. Fan control still does not work in HPT 3.0.62 either. I just turn on AC briefly in staging lanes to start fan and then shut off for now.