Thread: mpvi drivers channel a, channel b

Tuner in Training

mpvi drivers channel a, channel b

If I can only see mpvi channel a, and channel b in my device manager with mpvi plugged into usb on my pc does this mean it wasn't downloaded/ installed properly? I have the info to redo it, but im confused on why I was never prompted in set up wizard when I initially hooked mpvi up. no drivers file, or anything. I have been reading banish books, but that doesn't explain this software install. If anyone can give me a simple answer, or explanation Id be grateful.

Tuner in Training
    Guess I'll try, and license my GTO, and see what happens with logging.

Tuner in Training
    I'll PayPal $20 in beer money to whoever can answer my question. No material I've read that states it should be visible after unplugging mpvi from pc, and no driver files next to the other files I've installed. I just like to be thorough. When I hooked up to my 2005 GTO, and turned my key on out of nowhere my traction control turned itself off. That gave me paranoia because I've read if drivers aren't installed correctly you will have problems with your interface. My vcm editor options aren't all lit up to click on. Maybe I need to license my vehicle first? I'm guessing scanner doesn't work because of this as well.

I don't understand what you are having problems with. If you downloaded the drivers and installed them and then created a customer account and downloaded the lastest 3.6 software from your customer page, you have it all done right.

If you click your program files and you have a file that says HP Tuners, it's installed. You can click it and it will show VCM Editor and VCM scanner.

Nothing is really going to show up in the editor if you just open it up without actually opening a tune file. If you plug into your vehicle you must click FLASH, then read vehicle so you can download the tune from it. Read the file and save it, it will ask you for license options. Click single VCM license to spend 2 credits to unlock it, now you can edit it as you wish. You only have to click read vehicle once, after that you would click "write vehicle" if you wanted to write your new tunes back to the vehicle.

The VCM scanner if installed will work, just open the scanner, plug in the OBD2 port and to your laptop, click connect to vehicle, then start scanning. That's all there is to it for that step. The scanner does not require you to have a vehicle license, you can scan any vehicle whenever you want. The data that is there to view depending on vehicle of course. As this is a mainly GM/Dodge/Ford product, so reading toyota or similar cars might not show everything.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 01-20-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I don't understand what you are having problems with. If you downloaded the drivers and installed them and then created a customer account and downloaded the lastest 3.6 software from your customer page, you have it all done right.

If you click your program files and you have a file that says HP Tuners, it's installed. You can click it and it will show VCM Editor and VCM scanner.

Nothing is really going to show up in the editor if you just open it up without actually opening a tune file. If you plug into your vehicle you must click FLASH, then read vehicle so you can download the tune from it. Read the file and save it, it will ask you for license options. Click single VCM license to spend 2 credits to unlock it, now you can edit it as you wish. You only have to click read vehicle once, after that you would click "write vehicle" if you wanted to write your new tunes back to the vehicle.

The VCM scanner if installed will work, just open the scanner, plug in the OBD2 port and to your laptop, click connect to vehicle, then start scanning. That's all there is to it for that step. The scanner does not require you to have a vehicle license, you can scan any vehicle whenever you want. The data that is there to view depending on vehicle of course. As this is a mainly GM/Dodge/Ford product, so reading toyota or similar cars might not show everything.
    I found out what I needed, and thanks for responding. I'm just the guy who tends to over think things I'm new to, and wonder the whys, and why nots.

Potential Tuner
    i am having the same issues what did you have to do to get it working?