Thread: Running Track Addict on unSub'd iPhone

Tuner in Training

Running Track Addict on unSub'd iPhone

So I have the new iPhone 6s making my old iPhone 5s a prime candidate for a dedicated track data acquisition device. Is there any tips or tricks to accomplish this?

Sometimes iPhones will want to have a SIM card in them, even if deactivated, but otherwise this should work... No more worry of incoming phone calls interrupting your recordings!

If you want to use the Live Telemetry Streaming feature, you should be able to accomplish that by setting up a WiFi hotspot on your new phone and then connecting the deactivated phone to that. It's also a good idea to leave the phone turned on at home from time to time (while connected to your WiFi network), so that any app updates can be downloaded.

Tuner in Training
    Okay...I've successfully wiped the old phone, I had to login with my current AppleID which really confused iMessage and several other iCloud type applications. I turned on WiFi and put the phone in Airplane mode as it was grabbing a wireless signal. So far so good. I was able to get TrackAddict loaded and it looks to be working.

You may run into that with iMessage, FaceTime, and iCloud settings each time you install an operating system update on it, as they like to re-enable themselves... Happens to me all the time.

Just remember that in Airplane Mode, the internal GPS will not work... Bluetooth GPS devices (like an XGPS160) should work once you turn Bluetooth back on. Typically, it's not a problem if the deactivated phone still sees a cellular signal, because it shouldn't be able to do anything other than place emergency calls.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    Just remember that in Airplane Mode, the internal GPS will not work... Bluetooth GPS devices (like an XGPS160) should work once you turn Bluetooth back on. Typically, it's not a problem if the deactivated phone still sees a cellular signal, because it shouldn't be able to do anything other than place emergency calls.
    Ah...very interesting. Thanks for the tip. I'll pull the SIM card to see if the phone will still function without it so the old phone doesn't try to compete with the new phone that replaced it.