Thread: 2016 challenger hellcat 2.75 pulley swap

Potential Tuner

2016 challenger hellcat 2.75 pulley swap

im tuning for more boost and no matter how much timing i remove im still getting knock retard. i see a pid im not familiar with (knock fuel retard) and i believe it is pulling timing i notice fuel pressure dropping a bit is it running out of fuel or am i exceeding some torque limit?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    What kind of boost are you seeing at WOT? What kind of fuel?

I recently worked on a Hellcat that came in with the ATI lower pulley and the Metco 2.75 upper pulley. This yielded 17psi, which was WAY too much for a stock setup (besides CAI) and pump gas. I significantly reduced the timing and added Torco for a test... but as expected it is just too much boost for pump gas. Installed a stock size upper pulley and moved forward with the tune at 13psi. We will likely add a meth kit and increase boost in the future.

Tuner in Training
    if you get knock pcm gonna pull timing

first check if knock is false signal

Advanced Tuner
    Like lilyboom stated, you need to confirm whether your knock retard you are getting is false knock or actual knock.

Adding some race gas to your tank will usually help confirm which it is.

I am having the same problem. Is there an easy way to drain the tank so I can get some good gas in it?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 30thta436 View Post
    I am having the same problem. Is there an easy way to drain the tank so I can get some good gas in it?
    You can do it by disconnecting the fuel line and running the fuel pump until you get it at least almost all out. Just don't like it run completely dry, don't want you to hurt your pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    You can do it by disconnecting the fuel line and running the fuel pump until you get it at least almost all out. Just don't like it run completely dry, don't want you to hurt your pump.
    Where is the fuel pump relay? or how do I command the pump on

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 30thta436 View Post
    Where is the fuel pump relay? or how do I command the pump on
    I would try with HPT first, see if the scanner can command pump on in the special functions.

If not, I do not honestly know where the fuel pump relay is off of hand.

Tuner in Training
    in trunk jump it and disconnect fuel line under neath