Thread: 01+ L31 PCM in 97 L31 truck?

Tuner in Training

01+ L31 PCM in 97 L31 truck?

I need it so I can use HPTuners for my vortec marine intake retrofit.

Ihave a 1997 4000lb 2wd GMC Vortec L31 350 4l60e, I am installing a Mercruiser Vortec intake manifold on my truck using 24 lb/hr high impedance injectors at the stock Vortec truck fuel pressure of 58 idle 62 wot, works out to about 28 lb/hr at 60psi.

I need to be able to tune with HPTuners and I see they support the 2001 G van PCM. The van also has the L31 Vortec 350, same as my truck.

I have allready spliced into the loom and connected the PCM's injector drivers to the injectors. Finally the stock 19 lb poppet style, 320 rwhp limiting stock truck injectors are gone. The marine intake is much better inside than the stock truck intake is. There is no fuel injection hardware inside the air path as was with the stock intake. I contoured and removed the castflash from the CAST IRON lower(aluminum upper). The stock truck intake has an alum. lower and composite upper. The marine is much heavier than the stock truck intake, but by being cast iron, the sealing problems the stock truck intake are NOTORIOUS for are history.

Will the 2001 and newer G Van GMC SAVANA or CHEV pcm work with MY 97 sensors?

Are there any new sensors on the Vans that my truck wouldnt have?

Please guys , can you help me?

Hog

Tuner in Training

Re: 01+ L31 PCM in 97 L31 truck?

Quote Originally Posted by hog
    I need it so I can use HPTuners for my vortec marine intake retrofit.

Ihave a 1997 4000lb 2wd GMC Vortec L31 350 4l60e, I am installing a Mercruiser Vortec intake manifold on my truck using 24 lb/hr high impedance injectors at the stock Vortec truck fuel pressure of 58 idle 62 wot, works out to about 28 lb/hr at 60psi.

I need to be able to tune with HPTuners and I see they support the 2001 G van PCM. The van also has the L31 Vortec 350, same as my truck.

I have allready spliced into the loom and connected the PCM's injector drivers to the injectors. Finally the stock 19 lb poppet style, 320 rwhp limiting stock truck injectors are gone. The marine intake is much better inside than the stock truck intake is. There is no fuel injection hardware inside the air path as was with the stock intake. I contoured and removed the castflash from the CAST IRON lower(aluminum upper). The stock truck intake has an alum. lower and composite upper. The marine is much heavier than the stock truck intake, but by being cast iron, the sealing problems the stock truck intake are NOTORIOUS for are history.

Will the 2001 and newer G Van GMC SAVANA or CHEV pcm work with MY 97 sensors?

Are there any new sensors on the Vans that my truck wouldnt have?

Please guys , can you help me?

Hog
    bump