Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.2 is here!

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Here is an example, I just threw a bunch of dupe pids together....maybe not the best most all encompassing example but nevertheless....

Undriven and driven wheel speeds.....why do these PIDs even populate?
    Accel Position D, E, 1, 2, Avg and Throttle Position SAE....why do I have these and what are they for?
    Two engine oil temps and then Engine Oil Temp Calc is so different?
    Two Engine oil pressure pids, one doesn't even register?
    Intake Air Temp 2 vs Manifold Air Temp.......
    Total Knock Retard vs Knock Retard.......
    Baro vs Baro SAE, look at 11m9s range and see how Baro SAE drops under WOT? Sup with that?
    MAP Hi Res vs Intake MAP....big difference in the two, why?
    Intake MAP A and B don't even work although they might if I log them without anything else in the list, but regardless, why even have them?
    Ethanol vs Alcohol %......why have both?

I get having a broadcast pid AND the SAE version, sort of.....but that still adds an element of decision, discrepancy, and potential for error that we don't need. I don't remember having these issues in 2.2x either.

Also, when I add PIDs to my Channel List/Table they are all duplicated in the TCM section....why not just list the TCM stuff under TCM so I don't have to scroll and hunt through all the Engine PIDs, too?

Attachment 60773
    I would like to keep these ie:

Intake Air Temp 2 vs Manifold Air Temp - Air temp 2 (after supercharger compression) vs Manifold Air Temp (prior to compression)
    Undriven and driven wheel speeds - used by traction control and other things to measure wheel spin
    MAP Hi Res vs Intake MAP - extra resolution by talking to the ecm on a non-standard SAE (required by law) pid.
    Total Knock Retard vs Knock Retard - Total includes other pids and is the sum of all knock related activities including modifiers

I would ask that all be left in. Better to have more info rather than less and do not want to lose useful information needed for tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by jsllc View Post
    I would like to keep these ie:

Intake Air Temp 2 vs Manifold Air Temp - Air temp 2 (after supercharger compression) vs Manifold Air Temp (prior to compression)
    Undriven and driven wheel speeds - used by traction control and other things to measure wheel spin
    MAP Hi Res vs Intake MAP - extra resolution by talking to the ecm on a non-standard SAE (required by law) pid.
    Total Knock Retard vs Knock Retard - Total includes other pids and is the sum of all knock related activities including modifiers

I would ask that all be left in. Better to have more info rather than less and do not want to lose useful information needed for tuning.
    Did you not view the log?

IAT 2 is colder than Manifold Air Temp so your description is wrong and they are not what you think, good example of the issue at hand
    Undriven and Driven Wheel Speeds do not function in the scanner, whatever the ECM does with them
    MAP hi Res and Intake MAP are not even close to the same value, again....look at the log.
    I agree Total Knock Retard is "more" than just knock sensor activity, I have made that point in the past, however, many people are confused about it and pull timing based on TKR activity.

Have a ZL1 looked at thousands of logs on my car alone. Yep I know what they do. Have tested the them extensively. And yes I have had IAT2 cooler than IAT. You are assuming. I did look at your log very closely. I have logged IAT and IAT2 many times for my own car 2012 ZL1. Quite sure what they do and yes I have had IAT2 cooler than IAT. Does not seem right but it happens. Do not know the particulars of the car you are logging but the ones I have logged I use the MAP Hi Res if supported as they data is more real time.

As for users tuning cars incorrect because they do not understand the data, well I do not believe limiting options will ever solve the issue. More information is better.

Quote Originally Posted by jsllc View Post
    Have a ZL1 looked at thousands of logs on my car alone. Yep I know what they do. Have tested the them extensively. And yes I have had IAT2 cooler than IAT. You are assuming. I did look at your log very closely. I have logged IAT and IAT2 many times for my own car 2012 ZL1. Quite sure what they do and yes I have had IAT2 cooler than IAT. Does not seem right but it happens. Do not know the particulars of the car you are logging but the ones I have logged I use the MAP Hi Res if supported as they data is more real time.

As for users tuning cars incorrect because they do not understand the data, well I do not believe limiting options will ever solve the issue. More information is better.
    The log is not of a ZL1, lol. That is exactly the issue, the PIDs with the same names mean and do different things on different cars. IAT2 is what you describe on a GenIV, but it is NOT on a GenV.

So, if you have not logged or tuned current cars then let's let some people reply that have. I've had no issues on GenIV cars, I know what the PIDs do as that's what was out when HPT named and described them.

I am not asking to limit valid options, I am asking to at least attempt to customize available PIDs to the appropriate vehicle and remove PIDs that don't even populate in the log.

If you had looked at the log you would not be comparing IAT and IAT2 or using Mainfold Air Temp interchangeably with IAT, because they are all listed, logging, and different.

You don't have the experience to comment on this topic but thanks for your input though I guess.

(I'm not trying to be mean or argue with you, but it is frustrating when you are comparing a different ECM and car that's not even the same generation to what is being referenced (post 300), and convoluting the issue we would like to resolve)
    Last edited by Higgs Boson; 07-09-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Not all vehicles populate all the broadcast data. Even though they support the parameter, some just send 0's.

You as a user will have to determine what you prefer.

On the select channel screen, we show you the size of the parameter, the type (by id, by address, broadcast, etc..) and the source (ecm/tcm, etc...)
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Not all vehicles populate all the broadcast data. Even though they support the parameter, some just send 0's.

You as a user will have to determine what you prefer.

On the select channel screen, we show you the size of the parameter, the type (by id, by address, broadcast, etc..) and the source (ecm/tcm, etc...)
    that's true.....and then?

where do some of these seemingly random pid's come from? For example, Accel Position D, E, 1, 2
    Last edited by Higgs Boson; 07-09-2016 at 04:00 PM.

If they're SAE, that's how they're labeled, per the standards organization.

Others are just references to the same value in different memory locations. Sometimes they're before or after filtering, or can include offsets, etc...

If they're SAE, that's how they're labeled, per the standards organization.

Others are just references to the same value in different memory locations. Sometimes they're before or after filtering, or can include offsets, etc...
    And are they specific to the ECM or are some carried over from older ECMs? Are there non-functional legacy PIDs in there? Not too worried about the SAE stuff.

Thank you for the help.

Scanner polls for supported parameters and only displays those to you. There's really no such thing as "legacy" pids.

Tuning Addict
    Can it be made to where the scanner will "highlight" or give the "best" option for selection in the channel picks - I thought this was the colored (12's) were there for - don't know anymore? What Higg's is describing is the main problems a lot of us are having - heck Howard made a whole post in the gen 5 section about it and his isn't the first I've seen - pids that work fine in gen 4's, don't necessarily work at all in gen5's or vice versa yet they're there? This leads to incorrect logging and data composition being taken... I've been asking about this since 2.25, so just wondering? Love the way things are going - don't get me wrong here - I just wish we could get some of the core basics taken care of before rushing to get the next betas out

Thank You
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

There's nothing to take care of. These are the parameters the vehicles support. We're going to show you them.

There's nothing to take care of. These are the parameters the vehicles support. We're going to show you them.
    What does "support" mean in this context?

Is there a master list of parameters in outer space that are beamed into my computer when I poll the car and the ones that stick are supported? Or does it work in some other way I don't understand?

The list of ALL pids, such as that in the graph setup list comes from where? All the pids you guys have encountered or made in the past when coding I assume? Then we take that list and see what clicks with the car we plug into and display those in the channel list?

If that's the case, the master list is indeed manmade and just because the round peg fits in the round hole of "supportedness" doesn't mean it even applies remotely to the application.

There have been a lot of ladies I supported over the years, it doesn't mean I married them. Please, show me marriage material pids only so I don't break something.

please add slave support for 12639299

Thanks

Tuner
    Where do i find injector duty cycle in the scanner for ls1 pcm? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaro View Post
    IDC is a math parameter.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaro View Post
    Log Injector Pulse Width and then calculate with this: http://www.stealth316.com/2-calc-idc.htm

Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Log Injector Pulse Width and then calculate with this: http://www.stealth316.com/2-calc-idc.htm
    That sounds like a horrible idea.

Just use the built in math parameter. As long as you are logging engine RPM and injector PW then the included math parameter will work...
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    That sounds like a horrible idea.

Just use the built in math parameter. As long as you are logging engine RPM and injector PW then the included math parameter will work...
    I agree. What I had to use with my 2013 GT500 previously. Didn't realize we had a math parameter.

Tuner
    Do we get the 4 low tables without emailing support and the ability to change transfer case ratio with HPT V3.2?
    70 Chevelle, 4L80e, 2900 stall, 02 LQ4 short block, LS3 heads/intake/injectors, Patriot extreme springs, EPS 222/230 on 112, Edelbrock 90mm TB, 85mm maf, Walbro 255