Thread: Dealer Access level with HPT flash

Potential Tuner

Dealer Access level with HPT flash

Car specs:
    2007 Corvette Z06 W/Cam & top end
    HPT flashed tune

Hello,

I was just at the dealer to have them reset new TPMS sensors (new wheels & brand new OEM sensors), as well as program some new key FOBs because I was not able to enter the "learn mode" via the owners manual routine. So I was just going to suck it up and get it all done once at dealer pricing.

Well the tech said he couldn't get the car into learn mode with his diagnostic tool, he also mentioned the programing on the TPMS sensors would not confirm and that signal also runs through the same module as the key fobs. I had left my cable on the seat from some work with my tuner the day before so the first thing he wanted to know about was the HP Tuners on the ECU. He was pretty strait with me and was willing to work with me to solve the problem, but he did not know anything about aftermarket tuning. (nor would I expect him to be).

Can anyone confirm if having a flashed ECU would prevent the dealer diagnostic tool from interfacing with other aspects of the cars computers? The other point of failure he felt confident in was remote control door lock receiver module being faulty. So before I continue down the road of lots of diagnostic work with the dash apart, I am trying to find out if I am going to have to set the ECU back to stock before proceeding.

I appreciate the help.

Thank You

HPT's functions will have nothing to do with the ability to reprogram tire pressure sensors.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Totally separate.

You can always set it back to stock just to be absolutely sure though if you want.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    I use autoenginuity for those types of repair/maintenance/diagnostics. It has worked well for me so far.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    HPT's functions will have nothing to do with the ability to reprogram tire pressure sensors.
    I have done a lot of tuning for dealerships over the years. They are some of the worst customers because they know so little about tuning and are the first to blame tuning for anything that goes wrong. I do alot of speedometer corrections for them and had a TPMS fault the next day and they blamed me correcting the speedometer, lol. After explaining I cant even access the TPS with tuning software they still insisted it was fault and I needed to fix it. So I went back to the dealer and used the dealer's equipment and did a TPMS relearn and that's all it was. Apparently they never programmed the new sensors since they changed wheels and tires. After that I just started charging them double for being such a pain and it's worked out well.