Thread: Throttle opening rate limits and random hesitation vf commodore

Throttle opening rate limits and random hesitation vf commodore

Got a couple questions
    1 is throttle opening rate limits,can these be increased to
    100% in the vf commodore e38 pcm and what's the effects?
    I have a VE commodore tune and its showing 100 % but its a modified tune
    and a stock VE commodore tune shows similar to the vf tune.
    My other issue is that I have gone mafless and the car runs and drives great
    But I get a random hesitation between 1200-2000 rpm and its usually
    after a full throttle hit and has even hesitated really bad a couple time's but
    doesn't do it very often most of the time it runs ok.
    Seems to be fine after a flash but then after a while I will see this behaviour.
    Its a brand new 2015 vf ssv commodore so its a tuning issue.
    I did increase transient fuel tables 5% and improved a lil but its still there
    and lowering pe delay to 2000 rpm but hasn't made any difference really.
    Any ideas or solutions if you have come across this issue would be great.

I've put these at 100% on several cars without any issues, so I wouldn't worry about trying it
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Good to know thanks.
    Does it improve throttle response much changing to 100% ?

I've never really noticed much difference to be honest

Something I just learned is you can try reducing the throttle area value a little bit to help make the throttle open quicker too. I tried it on mine today and it does seem to work. I reduced mine 8%

Tuner in Training
    been having the same problem with the hesitation ! have found the cyl airmass suddenly drops to zero witch causes the hesitation

Funny you say that, I was thinking its possibly something to do with air mass.
    I got a log somewhere and it just cuts out it just odd how its so random.
    Must be a fix because plenty are tuning these cars mafless/sd.

i set that that throttle table to all 100s on my 2010 ve commodore and it greatly improved part throttle up to about 2000 rpm. some times it will throw a code if you pedal it quickly like if you are doing a burnout but other than that it only has improved the car.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    been having the same problem with the hesitation ! have found the cyl airmass suddenly drops to zero witch causes the hesitation
    The airmass dropping to zero as far as I've seen will only do this and effect a car if it's had dynamic disabled and is running mafless on the stock os, not the custom os. Probably a seperate issue to whats noted above with the VF.

There are many things that cause hesitation........ and as per with everything on the board, everything is speculation until you post your tune so people can direct you to what might be the issue
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Here's the tune attached
    I did try the custom os but when I tried a write entire it was coming up with
    all sorts of errors on the dash, abs error and a few others and wouldn't start.
    Flashed the original tune back in and it went away fired up no problem.
    I tried emailing support but they were saying it was my car which was brand new.
    So I gave up and tuned the virtual ve.
    So far so good but its either air mass or a setting ive missed.
    Afr's are pretty good it drives well has plenty of power but get this random
    hesitation.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ACEPERFORMANCETUNING; 06-29-2016 at 03:00 AM.

I aint a fan of the whole thing........ I presume the car is using a tonne of fuel given it runs open loop set to 12.5 AFR for stoich above 72 ivt? ........ I wouldn't run it this way thats for sure. I would change the whole thing..... many area's and settings.

The spark table looks OK, everyone does that differently, I hope your factoring in any flex fuel timing on that smoothing........ and the ve table probably is going to be OK...... but the rest ...... not a fan.
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 06-29-2016 at 05:44 AM.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.