Thread: VRS type OSS sensor in fg strategies

Advanced Tuner

VRS type OSS sensor in fg strategies

was just reading through the fg manual randomly earlier and noticed there is a VRS (variable reluctance)sine wave OSS option vs a hall effect square wave OSS.
    the fg manual does mention pin 7 as the actual OSS input as in ba/bf but i've not heard of a single person that has had a working speed source through that - i'm pretty sure that was left in from the bf manual as theres a fair few spelling or grammar mistakes that have been carried over. i've not seen anything else specific to an actual pin for other VSS.
    there's currently OSS, ABS, TCS. 44 and 46.
    is the VR OSS one of these, is it referencing an option not added to the hp software or is this not actually a part of the strategy?
    i'm still trying to work out a way to get a working speed signal on an fg pcm in a conversion without having to fit an ABS/TCS/DSC module and where a 5sp or zf6 arent being used. kinda hoping there's a parameter that hasn't been added yet that will allow for a VSS input either through pin B7 or through the OSS input for the 5spd input in the 3rd plug.

fg vrs oss.jpg
    Last edited by misk; 06-27-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Tuner in Training
    it can be done but u have to use sct or sniper
    it just costs alot more per ecu