Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is the 'Marker' function?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by sillycon View Post
    Keith, have you folks considered having a public feature/bug "request" list such that your users can "upvote" and "downvote" those work items to help you guide your dev priorities?

Of the feature requests I've seen mentioned, there are a few which hint at being "low-effort/high-impact" type tasks which appear as if they're sort of glossed-over - "find in log" and "marking" both come to mind - though that may not actually be the case with them (e.g. they're not actually being glossed-over/ignored).

It would be really fantastic if users could see the backlog and associated sprint/release cycles, but that opens a whole other can (or five) of worms so I get why that isn't likely to happen.
    We had a features request SECTION, the problem is it was probably 20 pages long of requests, not easy to sort and determine what we should add, etc. I don't think something like this will be making a comeback as our user base has grown so broadly.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Yea, I can understand that -- doing shrinkwrap software that's being used across probably 100+ unique platforms is, frankly, a pretty monstrous task -- especially when you have tens of thousands of users all with different needs and wants. Most EMS vendors have the advantage of only supporting a few pieces of in-house hardware and a few revisions of in-house software; y'all have the fun of supporting that along with an infinite number of 3rd party hardware sets and revisions, along with 3rd party software sets and revisions.

A forum section is definitely going to be a challenge for such a thing, but a single finite list of 10 or 20 features up for consideration where folks can help prioritize may prove useful both to y'all (priorities are always a challenge for dev and management) as well as your customers (ensuring they feel that their voices are being heard).

Using the forum, you could recreate the section but only allow mods/employees to create posts. Do a monthly post with a poll for users to vote on the most important new feature to add (ideally with replies disabled), and then the assigned dev can create a post for user-input for that feature to help guide the implementation (if necessary).
    2007 Z06 (E38 ECM), stock LS7 short block, .030" milled/ported heads, PLX SM-AFR, MPVI Pro

Bump!

Pretty please add these functions back!

Potential Tuner
    I?d love to see this come back, was very helpful in the past.

Any update on this? I can't seem to find this anywhere in the scanner and other posts (with more topics in the thread, that is why I replied here) indicate there is no ETA.

This is pretty frustrating to be honest. It has been "on the list" for 3 years and was a really easy way to mark logs. This is super helpful when issues pop up or for remote tuning.

I am getting tired of having to send reminders or emails to myself via Siri while driving...

Please correct me if I am wrong and the scanner does this and I am overlooking it
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

I'm with you. This needs to be added back, and it's lame that it still hasn't after this long.

It's a shitty workaround, but I have been known to reach over and slap the spacebar twice to stop then restart the log after something of note has occurred.

Sometimes I will stab the throttle to mark it if Siri does not work right, which is normally the case. My daughter likes to ride with me so she texts me time stamps. Maybe after 3rd grade I can just hand her the laptop and she can tell me what happened and fix it lol

...back in my day, like 2006, we used to be able to do it pressing the M button...😂

+1 !

I was logging the other day and went scouring through the helpfile to find what the key was. Cant believe its not a feature, spacebar should be used to mark as its the easiest one to hit when driving, or at least make an option to configure what spacebar is used for.

There's ways to do it, especially if you have a pro version. You just have to rig up a powered switch and use an aux input.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Senior Tuner
    1-2.jpg

I made these to mark logs since HPtuners took away the feature. Real handy dialing in driver demand tables but its a over complicated solution to a easy problem IMHO.

https://www.pcmofnc.com/product/hp-tuners-log-marker/
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    1-2.jpg

I made these to mark logs since HPtuners took away the feature. Real handy dialing in driver demand tables but its a over complicated solution to a easy problem IMHO.

https://www.pcmofnc.com/product/hp-tuners-log-marker/
    Agreed, thanks for the link. Good idea!

i would like to see this feature I'm shocked it's not here like the "other guys"
    2010 F-350 03 5.9/848ecm, built 5R110, 30% over sticks, 10mm pump, 64mm Stealth Turbo
    2008 F-350 03 5.9
    Fumminstuning.com

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    We had a features request SECTION, the problem is it was probably 20 pages long of requests, not easy to sort and determine what we should add, etc. I don't think something like this will be making a comeback as our user base has grown so broadly.
    This absolutely needs to be added back... Crazy you can't make a flag or marker during a log while driving. Such a simple and VERY useful feature. Please get this done, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 67RS427 View Post
    This absolutely needs to be added back... Crazy you can't make a flag or marker during a log while driving. Such a simple and VERY useful feature. Please get this done, Thanks!
    I agree on adding back the flag or mark feature. Very nice one, sucks it's been gone since V3 came out
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    I also agree with adding a marker. Seems surprising this isn't at the top of the software edits list every year.
    2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (733 whp)
    2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing (716 whp), 10.750 @ 134.77 mph
    2016 Cadillac ATS-Vs (eleven ATS-Vs in the 9s)
    2008 Pontiac G8 (first G8 in the 10s), 10.727 @ 129.87 mph
    2000 Bonneville SSEi (first 3800 Bonneville in the 10s), 10.711 @ 125.71 mph
    1999 Grand Prix GT (first 3800 FWD in the 8s), 8.902 @ 154.90 mph
    1998 Firebird (first 3800 RWD in the 8s), 843 whp, 8.991 @ 152.12 mph
    1998 Grand Prix GTP (first 3800 FWD in the 10s), 9.499 @ 145.13 mph

Advanced Tuner
    +1.

Banned
    +1!

Senior Tuner
    +59,548,236