Thread: I6 transplant

Potential Tuner

I6 transplant

I am currently working on a "streetrod project" in which I plan to transplant a 2003 I6 Trailblazer engine. I would like to disable the VATS ,the BCM, the EV fan system and the use of the automatic transmission , for a 5 speed manual. (and possibly any other non-essential items) My question is: Will your tuner package support any or all of these modifications?

Potential Tuner
    Hello.......Hello....is there anybody out there??? Keith..Chris...?? I know I'm not the only person with these questions. There are a whole bunch of guys on INLINERS INTERNATIONAL (a straight-six forum) that have been talking about this swap for well over a year now. Most of these guys plan on using a flashed computer from Westers, which I think is a "One Shot" only deal??? I would much rather purchase your package because of its wide range and flexibility.

Hi,
    I'm close to you, in PGH.
    I used to work at AEG Automation at Southpointe.

Not to many guts even look here.
    Try your questions under VCM general or help.
    I have the I6 program for my 4.2L & I can disable VATS.
    I can disable tons of codes.
    I can email you my file if you have HPTuner & you can look
    at it.

Dave
    2009 HHR SS automatic--- 350 HP - 450' LBS TORQUE,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZgoSN8Gk0
    Mostly stock - K&N air intake, TTech engine mount, 2nd cat 'cored', E47.5 tune, Lighter - wheels/tires/rotors.
    13.0's @ 110MPH, street tires, 12.28 @ 112.67 best on slicks, 1.7s 60' ETs

Advanced Tuner
    I don't think you can "disable" the bcm, its what runs a lot of accessories like the clusters and airbags (not that a streetrod would have those). You can remove it, and having VATS disabled, the car would still run (I think). You can turn off the transmission codes, I'm not sure if the I6 is/was ever offered in a 5 speed, but if it was, I'd get a hold of one of those ECU's to start with. Otherwise turn off all the codes for the auto tranny and I'm pretty sure you can get away with it.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

From what I know, Westers is offering this for the I6s... without the BCM and Passlock, seems they're also looking into a turbo set up for the I6s as well

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    I dont get it...whats the benefit of removing the VATS?

Advanced Tuner
    In a stock truck, none. In a conversion, everything. Without a BCM in a conversion, the engine will just crank and not fire.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    In a stock truck, none. In a conversion, everything. Without a BCM in a conversion, the engine will just crank and not fire.
    Now I understand.