Thread: gauges and datalogging

Tuner in Training

gauges and datalogging

hey guys i have hpt pro version and see that the plx box is listed in hpt for aux input settings to datalog. i was wondering how hard it would be to run my 5v signal wires from the isspro sensors for my ex. backpressure and boost gauges to the aux input on the pro unit and get it to read correctly. wiring isnt the issue its the formula to get it right. i know you cant hook egt to it unless you get the plx box. my question is with the electric isspro pressure sensors. they are 0-5v. thanks

Tuner in Training
    oh, and they are both 120psi isspro ev2 units thanks.

Tuner in Training
    I've also been wondering this. I think at the very minimum egts and drive pressure for compounds would be great to log.

Tuner in Training
    I got it figured out!!!!!!!!!! anyone with hpt pro that has the isspro pressure/temp sensors. the formulas for the additional inputs can be derived from the info on isspros website about volts/temp or volts/pressure. you simply run the green wire to the hpt pro connector with the appropriate ground and for example my 120psi gauges use the formula (input/0.02285714) + (-21.25). Now this formula only works for sensors 175 psi sensor (gauges from 100 to 180 psi except Trans Pressure). i can do the formulas or show how for other sensors when i have a little time this weekend but i thought i would share this now. and the best part is you dont have to disable your gauges just extend the green wire from gauges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i use this to look at boost and drive pressure cause having the manual tranny they are always moving!!!!!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    sounds awesome. ill have to take a look further into this then.

Tuner in Training
    https://www.isspro.com/TROUBLESHOOTI...leshooting.pdf has the tables of pressure/volts and temp/volts if your sensor is different and you know how to do y=mx+b slopes and math.

Tuner in Training
    i have been logging through the isspro sensors and it works great. you really appreciate not having to look at the gauges instead of the road and trying to remember everything. seeing actual boost is nice too instead of through the obd2 port which maxes out at 37 psi map on mine. i will post some logs tomorrow after work. going to bed.