Thread: Could you define "end of life" on the Serial version cables

Advanced Tuner

Could you define "end of life" on the Serial version cables

Since Monday is the 15th, could you define the 'end of life' on the serial cables.

If I read it correctly.

No further updates to the serial software known as 1.x will be provided. If this is the case, could Kieth please update the downloads for 1.x on all cables so people can download the last latest and greatest OSID mappings and features?

No further sales to people with 1.x only cables? Will people be able to still email [email protected] to ask for a purchase of support to the serial cable? I have kind of understood we will be able to still purchase support for the serial cables.

Repairs? What if someone breaks a serial box and wants to maintain the use of serial on 1.x only? Can this person get a replacement?

Thanks for the start of OBDII hacking a very long time ago that lead to where you guys are today, and being able to tune cars and trucks. I forgot to say "happy birthday" this year in March to what became HPTuners.

Loyde

Senior Tuner
    Show me where is says end of life of support for serial cables.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5661

It clearly states end of life support for version 1.x software. Version 2.x software works with serial cables.

VCM Suite 2.x works with every interface we have created, and is free to every single customer we have had.

It is available on every single customer login page for serial interface users, and also available via direct download for MPVI interface users.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...