Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S550 Tuning Project - 6R80 Transmission Tuning - Understanding Definitions

Which are the clutch tables (not clutch fill)? Are solenoid duty cycles available PIDs?

Senior Tuner
    oncoming and offgoing clutch tables for upshift and downshift pressure control.

There are solenoid "pressures" A,B,C, and D. E is only an on/off solenoid. In R,1,2,3 its off, in 4,5,6 its on. When E is on solenoid D controls pressure to the overdrive clutch instead of the low/reverse clutch.
    Transmission range, input and ouput shaft speed, and temperature sensors are the only sensors in the transmission. no pressure sensors.
    You also have a line pressure and torque converter clutch solenoids along with those 5 other solenoids.

Main line pressure will vary for shift feel, that is why its mostly tot and engine speed axis's are used in tables under shift properties. engine speed determines pump speed and fluid temperature is used to correct this into an estimated pressure. The line solenoid then reduces this pressure to the desired pressure. This makes the calibration very sensitive to the fluid fill level. It also makes your max and min pressures only effective if values are set inside of the actual range for the solenoid to control. Ramp rates and clutch fill times are there to make sure the clutches apply enough to hold and also not be in the middle of releasing.
    "We can never be right, we can only be sure that we are wrong"- feynman

Tuner in Training
    2-3 shift.PNG Look at my 2-3 shift. Do you think the oncoming clutch is coming on to aggressively?

The challenge I face now on the 6F55 is mainly with the 1-2 and 2-3 up shifts. It takes too long on the 2-3 WOT and it seems like it hangs up holding onto the current gear too long. My Fusion Sport did this badly on the 1 to 2 as well but the Explorer is losing time with the 2 to 3. What settings do I need to focus on because murfie did a great job explaining how the clutches engaged or releases but an example of where to increase or decrease pressure would help me with the 2 to 3. And since the 6R80 followers the same element sequence, whatever works on the 6R80 ought to help with the 6F55

I had to perform some WOT shifting with the trans/engine not fully/entirely warmed up yet but it wasn't on purpose. This resulted in nailing the revlimiter after each WOT shift to the point it was hitting the fuel limiter each time.

I only touched the slip/torque transfer settings in the lower right quadrant. Based on murfie's description for TOT as rows and engine RPM as columns, I had previously only adjusted the warm/high trans temp settings. Does this mean I should adjust the slip/torque transfer settings for all the high RPM rows? Based on murfie's description for the oncoming/offgoing pressure tables, the rows are torque, and columns are turbine speed. How would I adjust these for better operation in cold temperatures?

Do I basically shorten slip and torque transfer times for all temp rows at high engine RPM?
    Last edited by metroplex; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:55 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    I had to perform some WOT shifting with the trans/engine not fully/entirely warmed up yet but it wasn't on purpose. This resulted in nailing the revlimiter after each WOT shift to the point it was hitting the fuel limiter each time.

I only touched the slip/torque transfer settings in the lower right quadrant. Based on murfie's description for TOT as rows and engine RPM as columns, I had previously only adjusted the warm/high trans temp settings. Does this mean I should adjust the slip/torque transfer settings for all the high RPM rows? Based on murfie's description for the oncoming/offgoing pressure tables, the rows are torque, and columns are turbine speed. How would I adjust these for better operation in cold temperatures?

Do I basically shorten slip and torque transfer times for all temp rows at high engine RPM?

So what ARE the axis values for adaptive tables?

There are 7 rows of torque is it: 0, 50, 100, 250, 300, 350, 400? and turbine rpm is 5 or 7 columns, like 1000, 2500, 4000, 5000, 6000 and 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000 ? lol .
    Knock Retard is like a Horsepower Tax:
    ( + ) Knock Retard = More Taxes = Less Horsepower
    ( -- ) Knock Retard = Less Taxes = More Horsepower
    You like less taxes, right?

2014 Mustang GT Premium. 4C & Borla Exhaust
    "Don't fix it if it ain't broken"

We have been waiting for those parameters to be decrypted for yeas.