Thread: LB7 Duramax missing features in VCM Scanner

Tuner in Training

LB7 Duramax missing features in VCM Scanner

Forgive me if this has been covered, or if it works and I just don't know how to make it function, but...

I use HP Tuners for tuning GM gas vehicles, mainly my other truck. However, when I first bought my 02 LB7 Duramax and I still had version 2.24, my VCM Scanner would show me commanded vs. actual rail pressure, injector balance rates, and a few other key readings that are VERY helpful in diagnosing issues. I've been hoping that with every update something would get fixed, alas, that's not been the case. I just updated to 3.2.105 and still nothing. Now, it IS tuned with EFI Live, but that shouldn't matter if I'm just looking to use the Scanner function...it obviously won't read or write a tune locked ECM written with another software though.

So, is the case just me not knowing how to make these functions work properly or are they actually not supported? I figured it would be better to ask on the forums first rather than bothering Tech Support.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Croatan_Kid; 09-18-2016 at 12:49 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I'm also need to now how to look the injector balance rates for my 01 duramax.

Thanks
    Kevin

Senior Tuner
    If you are using an EFI Live custom OS, like tune switching, it likely will not scan correctly anymore due change in the OS and HP not able to poll the ECU properly for the supported PIDs.

You can try to select the menu option "Vehicles">"Repoll for Supported Parameters" while connected to the vehicle to see if it refreshes the list, but chances are it won't if a custom OS is in place.

Tuner in Training
    It's just odd that 2.24 would read it and the newer version won't. There was another thread elsewhere in these forums and that guy was having the same issues, but I believe the truck he was trying to scan was stock.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Croatan_Kid View Post
    It's just odd that 2.24 would read it and the newer version won't. There was another thread elsewhere in these forums and that guy was having the same issues, but I believe the truck he was trying to scan was stock.

Have you tried "Repolling" yet?
    Jaime

Potential Tuner
    I'm not using Efi live and I doesn't see anything.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I repolled it.

Tuner in Training
    Should I email support about this?

Tuner in Training
    I emailed support. If I'm using EFI Live, I'm basically SOL on using the scanner, but I also made it a point to clarify that the scanner wouldn't show me any fuel pressures when the truck was bone stock when using 3.2.105.

If someone will email support an infolog and .hpt file from a bone stock truck, they'll look in to the issue.

I can't remove my EFI Live tunes or else I would do this myself.
    Last edited by Croatan_Kid; 09-23-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Mine is stock. How i can do the file ? I will make it and I will send it.

chap

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Croatan_Kid View Post
    I emailed support. If I'm using EFI Live, I'm basically SOL on using the scanner, but I also made it a point to clarify that the scanner wouldn't show me any fuel pressures when the truck was bone stock when using 3.2.105.

If someone will email support an infolog and .hpt file from a bone stock truck, they'll look in to the issue.

I can't remove my EFI Live tunes or else I would do this myself.
    Did you ever get this taken care of? My brothers truck (03 LB7) is in the same boat. I have log files from 2009 (with older HPTuners version 2.24 ? maybe older) where it was stock and polling injector balance, throttle position, among other things. Now, after an EFILive tune, the HPTuners scanner (latest version) is missing a ton of parameters.

I have the ability to remove EFILive tune with the Spade, and flash the stock tune back, poll the interface with HPTuners for comparison.

Potential Tuner
    This is just a rant from me hp tuners y'all suck the fact us lb7 guys want soft and y'all only have it for the
    L5p but yet people are posting online they sale hp tuners sotf 5
    Position switch and tunes for the lb7 hell we should be able to do our
    Own not buy something else it's pissing me off I'm about the through the computer and the
    Obdll reader in the trash hell edge juice is better that this bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by jbocw38 View Post
    this is just a rant from me hp tuners y'all suck the fact us lb7 guys want soft and y'all only have it for the
    l5p but yet people are posting online they sale hp tuners sotf 5
    position switch and tunes for the lb7 hell we should be able to do our
    own not buy something else it's pissing me off i'm about the through the computer and the
    obdll reader in the trash hell edge juice is better that this bullshit
    huh???
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7