Thread: Annoying object property window

Tuner in Training

Annoying object property window

The MacOS object property window always ends up hiding under other application windows, when I switch back forth to RR. It's annoying because I work with properties often and to bring it up front I need to find the object I was working on in the objects list and double click on it.

Why not to convert the RR interface to a main window workspace including all sub-windows docked inside, ala VisualStudio or other complex applications like iMovie or Photoshop?
    I would like to have the object property window docked at the bottom left corner, the timeline at the bottom of the workspace, and the sync tool in another docked window.

Ok, I think I've reproduced the problem you're having with RaceRender for Mac... Please confirm if this matches your experience or not:

1) If you have RaceRender's properties box open and then minimize RaceRender, its properties box will not minimize with it. If you put focus on another window that effectively hides that properties box, and later restore RaceRender, that properties box will remain hidden behind the other window and will not be brought to the front if you try to open it again.

2) If you have RaceRender's properties box open and simply hide RaceRender behind another program's window (without minimizing), both the main window and the properties box will disappear behind it, and will then both reappear when switching back to RaceRender. In other words, this scenario has it working correctly.

If that's the case, I think we can find a way to return it to front if you try to re-open the properties box (ie double-clicking on the display object), as that should be a simple and effective way to solve the main issue. Longer term, we may consider docking and other options...

Update: This should be resolved in the next RaceRender update (v3.4.9). Double-clicking on the display object will always bring that properties box to front, and minimizing the entire app will also close any tool windows that are open (since MacOS likes to create individual icons for each one if we minimize them too). They will not be closed if you simply hide RaceRender behind another app.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I haven't had a chance to try since my OP, but it should be the scenario you describe in 1. I still think a main window including all RR sub-windows would be ideal.