Thread: Possible to get software while cable is enroute?

Possible to get software while cable is enroute?

Any way to download the software while I'm waiting for my hardware? Apologies if this a constant noob question.
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL

Advanced Tuner
    You will be able to download it as soon as your key is given to you, if you haven't recieved your key, then you can't use it even if you did download it. There should be a download link in your email.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Thanks. I saw the money just came out of my bank, but no email yet. I'm sure it will come today or tomorrow though. Cool.

Chicago, IL

Advanced Tuner
    I did my payment on the MPVI on a friday and had the key on about Sunday. MPVI hardware on thursday, but I paid for overnite shipping. Excellent service from HPT !

I think I read in an email that the software HAS to be loaded from the CD you will recieve with the MPVI. Then you upgrade that to the latest version. Maybe having that CD however had to do with drivers for the USB stuff.

Once the key was entered to my software, I did have the licensing of the cars I was to have as the preload since I sent in a serial cable as exchange.

Loyde

Yea, our install instructions state to use the CD for the installation of the drivers. It makes things a LOT easier.

Tuner in Training
    What about for CD-less laptops? Copy the drivers from another computer to the machine without a CD and tell it to search that directory...

I'm a linux geek, this windows stuff is _weird_

Owen,
    Got a USB flash drive? You can install from a flash drive. I do it all the time.

Some year I have *got* to learn another OS... But not today.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

I paid Friday too, but had to delete a TON of crap that got into my email box, so I'm a little nervous I could have erased it on accident, but I'll wait and see.

Chicago, IL

Tuner in Training
    When I recieved my download link and key by email I downloaded the software and installed it without the CD. The only additional thing I had to do was install .net framework 1.1 or higher which I did through Windows update.