Thread: Bricked TCM ??? Need more credits???

Tuner in Training

Bricked TCM ??? Need more credits???

Well it looks like I may have bricked the TCM by accidentally overwriting the config file. Having problems communicating with TCM now. Popped a different TCM to test and car drives fine but now I would like to adjust several parameters the way I had them on the bricked TCM.

Are there major differences between the EGS52 and the EGS53 controllors? What the pros/cons?

THanks,

Chris
    Last edited by HemiC; 11-06-2016 at 08:46 PM. Reason: adjusted question

Senior Tuner
    Biggest difference is the pulsewidth solenoid control, which the EGS52 doesn't have at all. That said no one seems to really be playing around much with these. I have noticed a lot of bugs setting gear ratios on the EGS52, doesn't work on the two I have tried, seems to revert the ratio to some strange stock value. Also the EGS52 came factory programmed to NOT shift at all when in manual mode. My April 2005 build date SRT8 with EGS52 WOULD NOT shift in manual mode no matter what I toggled in the tune. However, I have a later build date EGS52 and it works flawlessly.

FYI - the Mopar TCM is essentially a Jeep SRT8 calibrated EGS53, with the no shift in autostick option from the EGS52. Looking back over the past 5-6 years I cannot believe the amount of money made in the TCM world, with so so little actually changed in the calibrations yet a ton of money made and paid. I have $1500 between 3 "tuned" TCMs sitting in my glove box, and now I am running my stock EGS52 tuned with HP Tuners.

Tuner in Training
    I know your pain. I have 6 TCMs between the 2 cars I have raced over the years. First thing I noticed when reading them into the HPT was how similar the settings were between the big $$$ tcms I have used in the past.

I am finally back up and fully running as AJ "unbricked" the TCM and now I know not to use the "reinit" button in the VCM scanner as that is where my problems started. I now have the p/t setttings perfect and the WOT is banging the gears.

How far have you been able to take the shift time down to?? I currently have it set at 1200ms but wondered if shortening would indeed speed up the shift activity without damaging the trans.

Senior Tuner
    Biggest reduction in shift times came from upping the ramp torque and increasing the fill time adders on the clutch packs, the shift times do help a little have to check where mine are but I haven't messed with them much, think mine are set the same as the mTCM/Jeep settings.