Thread: year/model unlimited licensing question

Tuner in Training

year/model unlimited licensing question

I'm wondering if this is against the rules for HPT, as I got into a bit of an argument with someone who said it was.

I have several 0411 PCM's for swaps from 2001 and 2002 and need to set them all up as 2002 silverado 5.3 PCM's with the 156 truck os to match the harnesses that I'm going to be using. Can I use 6 credits and purchase unlimited year/model tuning support to flash all of these? Would I be allowed to utilize my subscription to gm SPS and tech2 to take the 2001 PCM's and flash them to the correct 2002 base tune before licensing them with the HPT unlimited year/model license for the swaps? Or would this be against the rules because some of the PCM's were previously from 2001, or 2002 but out of a corvette or camaro in which I wouldn't purchase a license for?

I'm honestly not even sure if this is possible, but I was wondering.

Please let me know, as the argument was that I'm stealing by initially re-purposing/re-programming these controllers to use with the unlimited year/model license that i would purchase for my HPT interface. If it is, then what would be the proper way to go about doing this? I need them set up to be 2002 silverado with 5.3. Vin numbers don't need to obviously all be the same, however I would need them to all have a VIN that would decode to a 2002 Silverado with a 5.3L for consistency purposes.

I need to set them up like this due to harness configuration, and all of that. Once i've tuned enough other gen3 pcm's from other years, i'll eventually end up purchasing unlimited gen3, however right now I can't afford it with my budget.

please advise.

Tuner in Training
    I think I figured it out after talking with them a bit. found an alternative method to what i need to do while not "bypassing" having to purchase credits. If I have licensed a 2001 computer, and want to upgrade it to the 2002 OS, comparing the licensed file to the 2002 file, and clicking copy entire will get me to the 2002 OS correct? I've tried it and it seems to have worked. I'm in the process of switching from EFI to HPT and i'm used to just flashing an entire new OS/Calibration onto the PCM.