Thread: LFX slow to open throttlebody issue

Tuner in Training b2319dragracer's Avatar

LFX slow to open throttlebody issue

Seems all LFXs from the factory have a very slow opening for the throttle body to get to 100% open. Has a way been found around this yet. There is a lot of low end power just waiting to be unleashed.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by b2319dragracer View Post
    Seems all LFXs from the factory have a very slow opening for the throttle body to get to 100% open. Has a way been found around this yet. There is a lot of low end power just waiting to be unleashed.
    Here are your main tables you will need to adjust.
    Power Enrich Enable Torque %.png
    Engine>Fuel>Power Enrich>Power Enrichment>PE Enable>Enable Torque (stock value is normally 95% , i personally set to 80% across table)
    Power Enrich Enable Pedal.png
    Engine>Fuel>Power Enrich>Power Enrichment>PE Throttle/Pedal>Enable Pedal (stock value is normally tapered from 90% down to 45% , i personally set to 65% across table)
    PE Delay RPM.png
    Engine>Fuel>Power Enrich>Power Enrichment>PE Delay>RPM (stock value is normally 6,200 , i personally set to 2,000)
    PE Delay Torque.png
    Engine>Fuel>Power Enrich>Power Enrichment>PE Delay>Torque % (stock value is normally 100% , i personally set to 10%)
    Peak Engine Torque.png
    Engine>Torque Management>General>Torque Limit vs RPM>Max Torque>Peak Torque (stock's max value is 328 , i personally set to 500 across the entire table)
    Tip in Limit Enable.png
    Engine>Torque Management>General>Torque Limit vs RPM>Max Torque>Tip in Enable (i personally set to 0 across the entire table)
    Driver Demand - A.png
    Engine>Torque Management>Engine>Driver Demand>MAP A - Normal (i personally set the 100% row to 350, 80% to 295, 74% to 230 and then do some slight smoothing of the table below that)
    Driver Demand - B.png
    Engine>Torque Management>Engine>Driver Demand>MAP B - Winter/4wd (copy MAP A table after adjustments and then paste to MAP B)
    Driver Demand - C.png
    Engine>Torque Management>Engine>Driver Demand>MAP C - Sport/Tow/Eco (also copy MAP A table after adjustment and then paste to MAP C)

Those are just the basic tables that I use to get max throttle open as quick as possible.

WOW, thanks I'll have to get some help to all of this but again THANKS!!!!

Potential Tuner
    is the driver demand table the one that controls the throttle? what does this change of 100% - 350 value does?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PR325xi View Post
    is the driver demand table the one that controls the throttle? what does this change of 100% - 350 value does?
    no. that involves the opening rate on the tb itself. that table is still not available...
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    no. that involves the opening rate on the tb itself. that table is still not available...
    Oh so we cannot open the TB 100%, i know i tuned mine and now i do have more throttle response, but i don't remember which table was, i'm going today to the dyno, last dyno was 270whp, improved baseband hp from 223 to 243hp, mods are injen long intake, cherrybomb exhaust, muffler delete and 3.91 gears

Tuner in Training
    Necessary parameters for the instant opening 100 percent throttle are not located in the main program. This is located in the coprocessor and can not be tune using the VCM Suite. In the main calibrations also there are several the torque limiting that are missing in the VCM Suite. For example the torque limit depending on the vehicle speed and more.
    Last edited by AlexDiag; 01-23-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Alexdiag is there a way to send out my PCM and have the parameters in the coprocessor reset?? I know some the new 6th Gen Camaro TCM are being pulled and sent out to unlock.

Tuner in Training
    Just did your recipe on a 2017 Acadia limited 3.6l and it really helped turn up the wick! Thank you!

Tuner in Training
    You outa tune it to an 87mm tb, lol, holy moly, thats a 6 cylinder doing that