Thread: 2010 5.7 Ram Traction Control

Potential Tuner

2010 5.7 Ram Traction Control

This is the first Dodge product that I've ever tuned. I can't seem to get all of the traction control out of it. It has a traction control button and with the button on or off it will hit a certain RPM while spinning and will pull timing out of the engine causing the RPM to drop and oscillate until it hooks up. The only thing I've ever been able to do was get it to hit a higher RPM but it still pulls timing.

I've looked at the tune until I was blue in the face but I can't figure out where this is coming from. It acts like a traction control even if traction control is turned off with the button on the dash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is on a 2010 5.7 Hemi Ram with an NGC4 PCM and a 545RFE trans.

Senior Tuner
    realize the dash button is pre-programmed to only disable the brake biasing to about 40-50% of full on mode, and does not stop timing pulling nor throttle closing 100%. SRT models allow a second press and hold feature that disables the traction control down to about 20-30% but its still there and kicks in if you get really sideways.

Under your ENGINE>Torque Management> ESP TqMgt set the Spark, FSO, ETC all to disable. Max Torque set to max allowed value.

Under your ENGINE>Torque Management>FDCM TqMgt set Spark and FSO to disable

Under your ENGINE>Torque Management>Auto Trans TqMgt set the 3 Use toggle switches to disable.

That should be the max amount of traction control you can remove.