Thread: Trying to set up EQ Error histo with a wideband that doesn't output EQ, please help

Trying to set up EQ Error histo with a wideband that doesn't output EQ, please help

Hello everyone. I'm having a bit of an issue.
    I'm trying to dial in my VE tables a bit more, but am running E85. So I can't just strait up use my wideband AFR output for tuning the tables.
    I'd like to use the EQ ratio error histogram, but I'm having trouble setting things up.
    I'm using a Dynojet Wideband Commander, that uses a Bosch 17205 sensor. I'm datalogging off the 0-5v wire between the control box and gauge.
    There isn't currently a transform that uses my brand of wideband and outputs EQ.
    Is there an easy way to set this up?
    If not, I've got some guessing numbers.
    My gauge on my wideband goes from0-5v, 10-18:1 AFR
    My wideband transform is volts/.625 + 10. Is there a way to use this to make my own EQ transform?
    Or should I tap off a signal wire from the sensor to the control box, and would that mess with the output splitting the signal?

Thanks in advance for any help I get

You can make you own Wide Band and Error math functions if your wide band doesn't go lambda.

To convert your Wide band readings to lambda from the current AFR -- [50121]/14.7 note: 14.7 s/b the stoich value from your wide band.

To generate the error use this 100*([Transformed WB value/14.7]-([50121]/14.7))/([50121]/14.7)

1. Transformed wide band is found by going to Tools>math and selecting variable first. Hit the gear/green arrow icon and you will see the Transforms>Oxygen sensors>air fuel ratio>your wideband parameter will show click it to load into math
    2. 50121 is a generic sensor commanded AFR, if you are using different than change this to the one you are using

Make sure you continue to log Commanded AFR in the Channels.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 06-05-2017 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Corrected error in equation
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by V-10 Killer View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm having a bit of an issue.
    I'm trying to dial in my VE tables a bit more, but am running E85. So I can't just strait up use my wideband AFR output for tuning the tables.
    I'd like to use the EQ ratio error histogram, but I'm having trouble setting things up.
    I'm using a Dynojet Wideband Commander, that uses a Bosch 17205 sensor. I'm datalogging off the 0-5v wire between the control box and gauge.
    There isn't currently a transform that uses my brand of wideband and outputs EQ.
    Is there an easy way to set this up?
    If not, I've got some guessing numbers.
    My gauge on my wideband goes from0-5v, 10-18:1 AFR
    My wideband transform is volts/.625 + 10. Is there a way to use this to make my own EQ transform?
    Or should I tap off a signal wire from the sensor to the control box, and would that mess with the output splitting the signal?

Thanks in advance for any help I get
    Just divide the AFR formula by whatever it's using for stoich, typically 14.7, and use that in a user defined transform.

Select any of the widebands under EQ ratio in the transform window, then hit the "fx" button to copy all that data down to the user defined option. Change the formula to your new one (whatever the AFR one is divided by 14.7) and you're done. EQ ratio error should work fine. HPT doesn't really care what brand you're using, it's just turning voltage into whatever unit you tell it to.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock