Thread: 06 tune help please.

Tuner

06 tune help please.

Was just wondering if someone would be kind enough to look over my tune and give me some feedback or help me make the corrections. trying build a nice street tune for my truck. truck is a 2006 cummins auto with full exhaust and intake.
    thanks joe.

casey06cummins-street+2_.hpt
    2011 Sierra 5.3l,
    Dart 427 with a Big cam, Big intake manifold, Big injectors and a Big ass Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by fctry286 View Post
    Was just wondering if someone would be kind enough to look over my tune and give me some feedback or help me make the corrections. trying build a nice street tune for my truck. truck is a 2006 cummins auto with full exhaust and intake.
    thanks joe.

casey06cummins-street+2_.hpt
    Is there any reason for your -5 based timing sceheme? Are you intentionally trying to make a ridiculous amount of pre-boost and locked converter smoke?
    It's a diesel, this is injection timing, not ignition timing. Ignition happens from compression.
    You don't need lower timing at higher torque for safety like a gas engine. Less timing = more soot/higher EGT
    Otherwise looks like you are on the right track and have most of the right modifications.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

negative timing down low does not create smoke.. just the opposite really. It pushes heat to the turbine which will help spool the turbo faster, get into boost faster and clear smoke faster. Smoke would come from excessive fuel down low, not a timing issue

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Mike View Post
    Is there any reason for your -5 based timing sceheme? Are you intentionally trying to make a ridiculous amount of pre-boost and locked converter smoke?
    It's a diesel, this is injection timing, not ignition timing. Ignition happens from compression.
    You don't need lower timing at higher torque for safety like a gas engine. Less timing = more soot/higher EGT
    Otherwise looks like you are on the right track and have most of the right modifications.
    The chances of it getting to where he has all the -5.0* is pretty slim.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Mike View Post
    its been a while , but thanks for the taking the time to review it. I think I got it decent. runs really well not much smoke and egt's are ok.casey06cummins-Street-Tune.hpt
    2011 Sierra 5.3l,
    Dart 427 with a Big cam, Big intake manifold, Big injectors and a Big ass Turbo