Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP Request [REP] - Reduced Engine Power - Twin Turbo 427 Corvette

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx203 View Post
    LOL i have the same problem and no one can fix it.
    Wish he had posted log from the last video he put up to compare. I always kind of wondered if it was the jarring motions of a clutch car launching jiggling the blade and causing it to see errors in predicted TPS vs Actual. A 1.5260 foot in a stick car is much more violent than even say a 1.36 60 ft in an auto car. If I was him I would have tried to get hands on a couple low mileage stock TBs and maybe a new GM one, maybe internal spring or something is healthier.

I have customer than never had problems start to develop them, and got another LS2 but off a low mileage car and its back to normal?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Advanced Tuner
    one thing i discovered when fighting with REP on an ITB car at race track was that sometimes ACC pedal position showed way over 100%, like 107 to 112%. Everytime shifting real hard and real quick we went into REP.

we put a washer underneath ACC pedal to limit ACC pedal position to 97% no matter how hard you jump on it and never ever had REP issues at race track thereafter. If you look at ACC design the pedal itself can flex a lot