Thread: How far can 80s go on Full E85 s256et

How far can 80s go on Full E85 s256et

Friends getting a ZZP s256et trubo kit put in and we will be tuning on 80lbs injectors on full E85.

What kind of boost would we expect to get before 100% IDC, also when do people usually see the MAF get to 11,100Hz on these zzp kits?

Probably as far as the block could hold safely.

I run ID1000's ( 95# ) and see 65% IDCs running E30. That's only pulling to 7,000rpm. A BRFPS setup will help. I run one with a base pressure of 42psi. You could do that and turn up the pressure with 80's.

My car slapped the crap out of the 11,100 hz limit at 16psi and 5,500rpm. I couldn't finish WOT tuning until I fixed that. I'm running a MAF clamp ( Fixed Mini-AFC ). You could also run a larger diameter MAF tube.

Quote Originally Posted by AP83 View Post
    Probably as far as the block could hold safely.

I run ID1000's ( 95# ) and see 65% IDCs running E30. That's only pulling to 7,000rpm. A BRFPS setup will help. I run one with a base pressure of 42psi. You could do that and turn up the pressure with 80's.

My car slapped the crap out of the 11,100 hz limit at 16psi and 5,500rpm. I couldn't finish WOT tuning until I fixed that. I'm running a MAF clamp ( Fixed Mini-AFC ). You could also run a larger diameter MAF tube.
    Really hit it that soon, what size MAF tube? I was hoping we would hit 20psi around 11,100Hz

Without BRFS i am thinking thats where I run out of injector, the TVS on 2.9 was pretty much there on full E85 before RSFS for me, they do flow different so I know boost isn't exactly the same but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by eronq9 View Post
    Really hit it that soon, what size MAF tube? I was hoping we would hit 20psi around 11,100Hz
    Whatever the size ZZP sends with their charge piping. Appears to be 3". I was hitting 9,900hz with just a M62 and 2.8 pulley. The S256ET is a whole different monster. My car also has a ported head.

Now I comfortably hit about 9,900 hz *after* the Mini-AFC. That's on a 50degree night with 18.5lbs of boost.

Without BRFS i am thinking thats where I run out of injector, the TVS on 2.9 was pretty much there on full E85 before RSFS for me, they do flow different so I know boost isn't exactly the same but we will see.
    You may be able to run 80's up until about the 420 range, but you'll be pushing things pretty hard, depending on pump and pressure. I don't like to see IDCs over 80%, to allow for a reasonable safety margin. FWIW, I'm running a DW300 with a Hydramat on it, into a Fuelab regulator, through the stock setup ( i.e. not a return-style ), to the ID1000's.

Here's a link to my thread over on RLF, there's some tips and other things to watch out for in there.

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/...ing-turbo.html

Quote Originally Posted by AP83 View Post
    Whatever the size ZZP sends with their charge piping. Appears to be 3". I was hitting 9,900hz with just a M62 and 2.8 pulley. The S256ET is a whole different monster. My car also has a ported head.

Now I comfortably hit about 9,900 hz *after* the Mini-AFC. That's on a 50degree night with 18.5lbs of boost.

You may be able to run 80's up until about the 420 range, but you'll be pushing things pretty hard, depending on pump and pressure. I don't like to see IDCs over 80%, to allow for a reasonable safety margin. FWIW, I'm running a DW300 with a Hydramat on it, into a Fuelab regulator, through the stock setup ( i.e. not a return-style ), to the ID1000's.

Here's a link to my thread over on RLF, there's some tips and other things to watch out for in there.

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/...ing-turbo.html
    My m62 on K&N only hit 9900Hz, my TVS 2.9 hits 10800Hz, we will see what happens on ZZPs tube, Hoping to get 25deg of timing on full E85 as well, I am sure it will have no problem.

The 60-100mph is 5.7s now so im hoping to see some nasty 3rd gears on the turbo and E85
    Last edited by eronq9; 02-27-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eronq9 View Post
    The 60-100mph is 5.7s now so im hoping to see some nasty 3rd gears on the turbo and E85
    My current best is 5.2s on straight 93 E10 and 15 degrees. Haven't really messed with E30 just yet.

Get more E in there haha, I did E47 for awhile, just 5 gal of each when I was below 1/4 tank and I was able to get 25deg of timing out of my TVS so you should be able to go far with a turbo on that I would think.