Thread: 6.2 f150 pull with some kr

6.2 f150 pull with some kr

On the previous post i uploaded a log but I had not set up the kr. i set the tables and added kr and map and found out i am having some kr. I am running a canned tunned. I already did the hp tune but with the old canned file. were should i start? any leads?

Attachment 67684
    Attachment 67685

Anyone?

Advanced Tuner
    Unusual map reading and small timing spikes on gear changes.
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Where should i change i am really new to this
    What should i be reading in map?
    Last edited by Rigo_eff1fitty; 03-25-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Truck mods are cold air intake. Clrsa axleback and catless

Truck mods are cold air intake. Clrsa axleback and catless

Anyone.

Advanced Tuner
    Your map reading is 107.9 kpa! atmospheric pressure at sea level is around 102 kpa your reading appears to be abnormal and needs to be checked out.
    The map also appears not to be any different at lower rpm to higher rpm which is also an indication of a map reading problem because the induction system does have a measurable pressure drop across it assuming it is normally aspirated, therefore it does change between low rpm to high rpm.
    You will need to reduce ignition timing in the knock area, if the knock goes away then there is your answer. If not, then other possible causes need to be looked at.

I need to go to speed density am I right? What table in speed density do I change?

I think you missed his point, you have a MAP sensor issue itself and not a tuning problem at the moment.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Oh ok. I get the point now. I will get a new map sensor

Could it be the tables?

Or is it the maf?

Advanced Tuner
    A new map sensor may not solve the problem. The first thing to do is compare your "canned tunned" to a "standard tune" and look for any changes made that are questionable, this may lead you to finding the issue.

Were should i look at? Under speed density most the tables are at 0?

I went to borderline spark and took 3 degress off from 4.5 k to 6krpms over 50percent load still saw almost the same amount of knock. Anything im doibg wrong here?

Advanced Tuner
    I am not familiar with this vehicle/engine so on specifics I cannot help you. Next step (if possible) is put a standard tune in and see what happens generally if the problem goes away it is in the canned tune if not it is in the vehicle.
    Either way with a problem like this you will probably have to involve someone with experience with this type of vehicle to sort it out.