Thread: Cables

Cables

Do you need the MAX 232 type interface for the 8192 baud port? If I can pull the voltage to 12v it should work with the 2 transistor type setup correct? (modified for voltage). I am actually designing a op-amp/transistor circuit for it that will translate the voltages to the proper RS-232 voltages but I dunno if there's anything else I am missing.. If not, I'll know sometime in the next 2 days (building power supply for laptop first).
    This will only read for now..
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Re: Cables

I believe you can do that.
    I heard a rumour (from someone who knows someone who knows... etc) that GM-Holden in Australia used a simple transistor interface at some stage to communicate with the 8192 baud stuff.
    I don't know how robust it would be.

I think the voltage levels need to be inverted as well - RS232 serial pulls low for a logic 1 and high for a logic 0.
    I think the ALDL is high for logic 1 and low for logic 0. But I'm just guessing - I do not know for sure.

Paul

Re: Cables

voltage inversion is super simple with an op-amp so no problems there

When I do get it all figured out I'll post the info for all to use..
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.