Thread: DFCO and Oil usage

Advanced Tuner

DFCO and Oil usage

hi guys, lately ive noticed my car is using a shit load of oil (approx 2.5l in 10000km) cause this be caused by having DFCO set to cut fuel almost everytime i let off the accelerator? Could this cause oil to be sucked through the pcv due to high vacuum in manifold? im pretty sure its not piston slap as there are no abnormal nosies and there are no oil leaks

thanks
    ronny
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears

Advanced Tuner

Re: DFCO and Oil usage

2.5 litres in 10 k falls within acceptable factory allowances. now dont tell me you are actually going 10k between oil changes and expecting your engine to live are you?

now if you are driving a corvette and regularily rev the engine beyond 3500 rpm there is a bulletin that applies, the rings are too soft and begin to distort which allows excess pressure into the crankcase which then pushes oil into the pcv system, there is and updated separator plate for the intake system and stiffer rings are available (at the cost of power)

There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Re: DFCO and Oil usage

I dont think that DFCO is going to affect your oil consuption. All it does is turn off the injectors during decel. Would like a pm of your dfco settings though. Doing some tuning on that myself. Thanx!
    2003 HD Silverado 6.0 4x4 w/Quadrasteer 36" Michelin ZXL (255/100R16) (9.00R16)