Thread: TUTD Shift Time Delay

TUTD Shift Time Delay

Tuning a 2013 ZL1 and the TUTD feature is so sluggish. When you command a shift, even part throttle, it seems to take 3 seconds for it to make the shift. Is there a way to fix this, if so which tables?

From what I understand it has nothing to do with any of the tables, it is the method of communication. It communicates over serial rather than the CAN bus and that has a much slower data transfer rate.
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Tuner in Training
    I have a 2013 Corvette with essentially the same transmission (6l80 vs 6l90 shouldn't matter much) and shifting with tutd is pretty instantaneous... However, the switches in the Corvette are wired directly to the TCM, and not through any serial or CAN bus. If the Camaro uses serial comms for TUTD switches, that would be a source of delay but I can't see it taking 3 seconds in any case.

I would try an adapts reset and preset and a fast adapt reset and see if that changes anything. Worst case, you'll have nicer, firmer shifts for a few days until the system learns its way back to where it wants to be.

my 09 g8 6l80e tu/td is wicked slow,, looking at the log scan from the track last weekend ,, commanded does take 2-3 seconds , even auto shift is the same way at wide open ,, it was magnified with rear end gear change to 3.45