Thread: 5.3 2014 Silverado Z71 expectations

5.3 2014 Silverado Z71 expectations

Hi All,
    So I had a 5.3 2014 Silverado Z71 to tune today. It's the first 5.3 I have tuned. No trucks like this were ever sold here in New Zealand. It made 278rwhp with a k&n intake and stock tune. I obviously had no starting point tune file so I just started from scratch. All I seem to be able to make is about 10 extra hp. Is this normal or is my tune junk? I have attached a copy of my tune file (v10) it still needs trans work and the fuel trims done I have also loaded the standard file from the truck. I would hate to think I'm sort changing the client on power but cant seem to make anymore power. If anyone out there has experience with these later 5.3's can have a look and see if I have missed something. These files are nothing like our Holdens. I'm not asking for a tuned file I just want a heads up so I can improve my game.
    Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Might try leaning it out a bit to 1.120 PE. Zero out the AFR Spark Correction table and tune without it.

Not much to be had on those with only a tune. I will tell you they respond well to headers and a cold air.

Thank you JC052685

Ripping my hear out with this truck. I cant seem to get hardly any extra power out of it. I guess I'm at the limit. Just not happy with the end result. vvt and the DI is really kicking my butt. Any help appreciated.
    My brain hurts.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    the newer PCM are not detuned as maybe the holdens were, very big difference. depending on your octane rating, also seems still a bit rich
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I'm running .90 lambda but yes I think you are right I'll just have to accept what I have got.