Thread: Version 3.5

Advanced Tuner

Version 3.5

Was pleasantly surprised to see the VBO support in the update, thanks for that. Have a question and a possible bug report, all related to the new export options:

-Is the raw csv still the preferred format for input into RaceRender or this 'new' interpolated CSV? Interpolated csv looked pretty interesting. My OBD rate isn't all that fast and just glancing at a file it seems to do a good job interpolating between the actual OBD updates and I also noticed the calculated brake field.

-When I export to KML or VBO, it exports the file with .csv extension. I manually changed the extension on a VBO and did confirm it loaded/worked fine in CircuitTools. I'm on Android.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    Was pleasantly surprised to see the VBO support in the update, thanks for that. Have a question and a possible bug report, all related to the new export options:

-Is the raw csv still the preferred format for input into RaceRender or this 'new' interpolated CSV? Interpolated csv looked pretty interesting. My OBD rate isn't all that fast and just glancing at a file it seems to do a good job interpolating between the actual OBD updates and I also noticed the calculated brake field.
    The Raw CSV is the preferred format for sending to RaceRender, and to other users who have TrackAddict. The new Interpolated CSV format is a bit cleaner and easier to look at in a spreadsheet program, but it wont be as exact as the Raw CSV format.

-When I export to KML or VBO, it exports the file with .csv extension. I manually changed the extension on a VBO and did confirm it loaded/worked fine in CircuitTools. I'm on Android.
    Thanks for letting us know. It looks like this is a small bug when sending an exported data file to certain apps on Android... It has the correct file extension when sending to some apps, but there's a second instance of the original file name in this process that didn't get updated, so other apps use a .csv extension every time. I'll get that fixed in our very next app update...

Tuner in Training
    FYI,
    Recently updated to TrackAddict version 3.5 on IOS 10.3.1 and the VBO export works correctly for me, meaning the file extension is .vbo