Thread: 2008 automatic Saturn sky needs a tuner with hptuners

Potential Tuner

2008 automatic Saturn sky needs a tuner with hptuners

Not really familiar with doing anything much with hptuners and would love to find a good tuner for my lnf or someone interested in teaching me some. The car is automatic, has a high flow catalytic converter, aftermarket exhaust from solo. It's actually only a 2.5" tho.

Potential Tuner
    Oops forgot to mention. I'm well aware on how to connect my car to the laptop with the hptuners program open and get a log from it. Which is what I did recently. Idk if anyone is interested in seeing the log or I'd anyone knows how I can post the log on here

Quote Originally Posted by Acamuso View Post
    Not really familiar with doing anything much with hptuners and would love to find a good tuner for my lnf or someone interested in teaching me some. The car is automatic, has a high flow catalytic converter, aftermarket exhaust from solo. It's actually only a 2.5" tho.
    Is your car turbocharged? Not sure what you can do to get major gains, maybe some minor. I think you can improve your throttle response by maxing-out the torque limits under torque management. How are your LTFTs, I see you have some bolt-ons. If you switch to running only premium fuels, maybe look at optimizing the spark advance and detuning the knock sensors.

If you haven't already, check out this detailed introduction video series for Engine Calibration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1wzEVwAfJQ
    E67 - 2006 LE5 2.4 Turbo, 444 whp
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T

Potential Tuner
    well apparently it comes with the lnf (2.0t) engine tuned to 260/260...believe...it has a learn down feature and it didnt benefit from my highi flow cat or exhaust...also the gm tune put it to 300/325 at the wheels....so with me still having 260/260....think theres some obvious tuning to be done. im just too scared to ruin something doing it myself.

Potential Tuner
    2008 saturn sky redline
    automatic with 13k miles

Advanced Tuner
    Take time to read and learn before you decide to flash the car and potentially blow it up

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...357-LNF-Guides
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

well apparently it comes with the lnf (2.0t) engine tuned to 260/260...believe...it has a learn down feature and it didnt benefit from my highi flow cat or exhaust...also the gm tune put it to 300/325 at the wheels....so with me still having 260/260....think theres some obvious tuning to be done. im just too scared to ruin something doing it myself.
    Okay, so you do indeed have a turbocharger. My comment was assuming you had a base model non-turbocharged engine. I don't have experience with the LNF being direct injected. I hear it is different, but not sure what that means. If I was handed a 2.0 LNF to tune, my first steps would be to max out torque management variables and then turn up the boost taking baby steps. As usual knock and fuel will be top priorities to nail down as you increase boost levels, so the devil is probably in those details.
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T

Potential Tuner
    idk i am kinda nervous to be honest to try anything myself in regards to tuning my own engine. was hoping to come on here and get pointed in the right direction of a tuner? dam maybe i need to start reading up on this....

Potential Tuner
    besides...i believe the lnf is a very common engine....in the cobalt ss and the hhr i think?

besides...i believe the lnf is a very common engine....in the cobalt ss and the hhr i think?
    Yes, 2008-2010 Cobalt SS with the LNF, before this it was supercharged LSJ

Try this Cobalt forum for LNF reads:
    https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/tuning-131/

Here is the 2.0 LNF Solstice subforum:
    http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f63/
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T

Potential Tuner
    actually ive heard of people getting help here. i will sign up for both of those forums and try them as well.

actually ive heard of people getting help here. i will sign up for both of those forums and try them as well.
    Yes, all sources are needed from my experience learning LE5 and tuning in general.

Like this camaro thread really helped me with my LE5 re-calibration to most: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196696
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T