Thread: Airflow Vs Period

Airflow Vs Period

What is MAF Airflow vs. Period? HPT Tool tip reads "[ECM] 23572 - MAF Airflow vs. Period: This table is used to convert MAF period into an airflow value."
    Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 10.20.06 AM.png

The table shows microseconds? across the top then values that are in lbs/min but as the microseconds get fewer the lbs/min get greater. How would I calculate what the values should be for this table? Is it possible to log MAF and then produce accurate values for this table from the log data? Is this accuracy of this table important?

Would I convert the HZ from log dat to period using a calculation like what's used here? http://www.kylesconverter.com/freque...econd-to-hertz

A period of 1 Microsecond is equal to 1 000 000 Hertz frequency. Period is the inverse of frequency: 1 Hz = 1 / 0.000 001 cp?s.

So I thought tuning this might be necessary when changing the intake and turbo. It sounds like this may not be the case? The MAF itself has a valid calibration from the factory and is still able to measure correctly even with a new intake and turbo and it shouldn't need to be modified when producing a tune for the new turbo and intake, is that correct?