Thread: 2002 4.3 Truck beginner tune

Tuner in Training

2002 4.3 Truck beginner tune

Hi, first post and I don't have hpt yet, but I was looking for some insight. My tuning experience so far has been only clicking around on a few tuning programs. I understand most of the concepts, I just don't have the experience in doing it. Down the road I would like to be able to tune my 15 Camaro. First step is cam only with the supporting mods. Until then anyway.....

My buddy has a 4.3 truck that was rebuilt a while back. It was bored out a little and has exhaust with hollowed converters. I told him after I get hpt I could turn off his light and maybe tweak a few things to make it run a little better. My question is other than turning the light off and changing the engine cylinder size on the general engine tab, what would need to be adjusted or could be changed to optimize the setup? If an intake would be very beneficial I could arrange one. Thanks

EDIT: In other words, does changing the engine size value take care of everything or do other changes need to be made? Come on I didn't ask for a full out tune.
    Last edited by Gofastman; 05-16-2017 at 09:35 PM. Reason: I want a reply.

Tuner in Training
    Well. This is much more helpful than I expected. Btw I did do a search and didn't see a solid answer or there wasn't a reply.....

Changing engine size value will not benefit anything. Truck might need more fuel more air more spark. All that needs to be adjusted since the vehicle was bored out. Once truck is up and running get yourself hooked up to the vehicle and post a log on the forumn. You will recieve some help.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. I tried it on a sample file and it didn't change anything from what I could see but I just wanted to make sure. Looks like more for me to learn. I still have to buy the stuff here pretty soon. He has been driving it on the stock tune for a few years now. I'm not sure what the trims are right now.