Thread: LNF - HPFP, LPFP, and Injector flow rates? E85 tuning question

LNF - HPFP, LPFP, and Injector flow rates? E85 tuning question

I did a search and couldn't find any raw data on the flow numbers for the stock HPFP, LPFP, and injectors on the LNF engine. It seems a few people said the in-tank LPFP is good for up to 500 hp on E85 and the injectors seem to be never mentioned. But the HPFP seems to be the limitation on EcoBoost and I figure it is the same on the LNF.

I know a few have mentioned they cannot run full E85 on their LNF and go with E47 or E30. But I'm curious as to the actual flow of the pumps and injectors.

My Cobalt's stock turbo flows a max of 33-34 lb/min of air at 6000+ RPM, something like 3.9 lb/min for fuel flow is needed with E85 max.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Factory injectors flow max at 15 g/sec and nostrum high flows move 22 g/sec at 100bar Factory units stop being efficient around 7.2 ms. After doing conversion math years ago it was stated they flow similar fuel flow to 60lb/hr injectors.

Anything over e47 the ectoec engine doesn't really seem to care about. The most efficient combo is E30/e47 as mentioned because that's where the ethanol starts slowing the burn down to much and requiring more fuel than the injectors were really made to handle.

As for the lpfp, that usually gets modified to handle 500 more reliable. Not replaced just a pressure mod that gmtech posted in here before. Not sure where it's at you will have to forum search.

Hpfp has not really been flow tested and released to public. There are aftermarket ones that provide claims of flow output in percent so if you do the simple math it should tell you what the stock pump is good to.
    http://www.xtreme-di.com/index_files/HPFP35.htm

Interesting, I found E30 to provide the same results as E85 on the EcoBoost engines as well. So the factory pumps and injectors should be good for E30-E47 w/ the stock turbo maxed out (~34 lb/min)?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Ran E30 on a gt30...stock housing should be fine

Tuner in Training
    I just tuned the Z54 on E30 with 26 lbs with no issue on fueling