Thread: Fuel Pressure Correction Table for CM2200

Fuel Pressure Correction Table for CM2200

Wondering if anyone has looked at the fuel pressure correction (ECT Corr and ECT Mult) for a CM2200 controller? The way I see it, it looks like the fuel pressure will always be 1800bar (or whatever the max that is stated in the pressure limits). Is there a reason for this? The multiplier table just seems crazy.

Cheers,

Jared
    Last edited by jfreemanak; 05-28-2017 at 09:41 PM.

I think I understand now. When the engine is cold, the commanded pressure is low. Once the engine warms up, then fuel rail pressure is commanded for all rpm and torque ranges. So, I guess the real question is why is the injection pressure decreased when it is cold outside? I live in Alaska, and see -20 and below temps during the winter.
    Last edited by jfreemanak; 05-29-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I believe Cummins/Chrysler do that for noise and emissions reduction on cold starts.

I understand having lower fuel pressure when the engine is cold, but looking at the correction table, if the ambient temp is ~<10F, the fueld pressure is reduced, even if the engine is at operating temperature. Is there a reason for this? The diesel fuel will be at ambient temperature, so is there a detrimental characteristic of cold diesel being pressured to 1800bar?