I've been studying the mechanics and hydraulics of the 6L80-6L90 for an upcoming transmission swap for my 08 Trailblazer SS. One thing I can't find the ability to do, is access other shift patterns, like pattern A, or B. etc. I don't have a "Tow/Haul button", or a "Performance" button. The ECM input pin doesn't have a software switch in the calibrations that is accessible either.

However I do have 4 available drive shift quadrants; D, 3 ( or "M"), 2, 1.

I've figured out that at least hydraulically and mechanically, the shift lever position does the same thing in all drive ranges. The only thing that changes is the IMS Range switch positions. Technically, the D, 3, 2, 1 could do anything they are programmed to.

So, what I'm curious about is if it would possible or worth it to add or access the ability to change the Shift patterns based on the shift quadrant.

I thought it was interesting that currently, the TUTD can be set to be active in those positions, like this:

Basically, I'd like to be able to select shift pattern A or B by shift quadrant, as opposed to 2 or 1(low).

Second thing I was curious about; I know that the A6's deliberately engage engine braking in Low, AND 1st gear ("D" range) But in order to shift into 2nd gear, it must release the engine braking (Pressure control Soln. 3, Low & Rev clutch as well as turning Shift Soln. 1 off). It does this somewhere before the shift into 2nd, and it is not part of the shift itself. There should be some parameters to control when this happens in the software. I'd really like to be able to see and set the parameters for this disengagement. I can really tighten up the 1-2 shift if I don't have to worry about the Low braking clutch being in the way.

I know asking for these is a bit of a long shot, but on the off chance its just a couple of unreleased parameters away, its worth asking. Especially for the number of A6's owners out there that would find this quite useful.

Thanks!